Re: SAN support for Iseries and How-to - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Re: SAN support for Iseries and How-to - IBM AS400 ; On May 23, 11:40 am, "CENTRINO" wrote: > Thanks > > Wow ! It sounds cool !! System I disks are not precisely cheap ! > > So ... could I get a let's say another different provider than IBM ...

  1. Re: SAN support for Iseries and How-to

    On May 23, 11:40 am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > Thanks
    >
    > Wow ! It sounds cool !! System I disks are not precisely cheap !
    >
    > So ... could I get a let's say another different provider than IBM (and
    > cheaper) for a SAN massive storage or backup device and IPL and work from it
    > ??
    >
    > What about performance comparing with internal disks ?

    I worked on a machine about 2 years ago where we had it hooked up to
    an EMC, worked great.

  2. Re: SAN support for Iseries and How-to

    jacko écrivait dans
    news:1179937459.409319.219450@g4g2000hsf.googlegro ups.com ce qui
    suit:

    > On May 23, 11:40 am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Wow ! It sounds cool !! System I disks are not precisely cheap !
    >>
    >> So ... could I get a let's say another different provider than
    >> IBM (and cheaper) for a SAN massive storage or backup device and
    >> IPL and work from it ??
    >>
    >> What about performance comparing with internal disks ?

    > I worked on a machine about 2 years ago where we had it hooked up
    > to an EMC, worked great.

    If I remember fine, EMC requested to remove any cache of the internal
    disk controller to enable IPL on SAN. Am I true ?

    --
    Cordialement
    Marc Rauzier

+ Reply to Thread