lexmark 2491 on HP 170X printer server - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on lexmark 2491 on HP 170X printer server - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I have a Lexmark 2491 printer on a HP 170X printer server. Printer works in EPSON mode. I use on system i a remote outq with *EPFX1170 host transform and 'RAW' printer queue. and 'XAIX' option. I try ...

  1. lexmark 2491 on HP 170X printer server

    Hi all,

    I have a Lexmark 2491 printer on a HP 170X printer server.

    Printer works in EPSON mode. I use on system i a remote outq with *EPFX1170
    host transform and 'RAW' printer queue. and 'XAIX' option.

    I try to print a standard spool (10 cpi, 6 LPI, 132 char/line) I can print
    12 cpi, and copies(2).

    It seems it works fine. . . but NO. It doesn't print 6 LPI but around 5
    LPI.

    5 LPI does'nt exist but 3, 4, 6, 8.

    I try a Lexmark printer server, AXEL terminal LPD and PRT5250 parallel port.
    I try IBM mode with *LEX2491 host transform.

    It works always with 5 LPI.

    I turn crazy now.

    Do you know this problem ?

    Perhaps do I hask Nicolas Sarcosy (god blesses our new adored president)
    about this problem ?

    Thanks, best regards,

    Frederic Faure
    http://i.c.r.free.fr

  2. Re: lexmark 2491 on HP 170X printer server

    On May 22, 12:37 pm, "i.c.r" wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a Lexmark 2491 printer on a HP 170X printer server.
    >
    > Printer works in EPSON mode. I use on system i a remote outq with *EPFX1170
    > host transform and 'RAW' printer queue. and 'XAIX' option.
    >
    > I try to print a standard spool (10 cpi, 6 LPI, 132 char/line) I can print
    > 12 cpi, and copies(2).
    >
    > It seems it works fine. . . but NO. It doesn't print 6 LPI but around 5
    > LPI.
    >
    > 5 LPI does'nt exist but 3, 4, 6, 8.
    >
    > I try a Lexmark printer server, AXEL terminal LPD and PRT5250 parallel port.
    > I try IBM mode with *LEX2491 host transform.
    >
    > It works always with 5 LPI.
    >
    > I turn crazy now.
    >
    > Do you know this problem ?
    >
    > Perhaps do I hask Nicolas Sarcosy (god blesses our new adored president)
    > about this problem ?
    >
    > Thanks, best regards,
    >
    > Frederic Faurehttp://i.c.r.free.fr

    Hi Frederic,

    The 249x printers use 24 wires to create the output you see on the
    paper. The resolution is 144 dots per inch (366 dots per cm) in the
    vertical direction.

    There are other models of Lexmark printers, which use 9 wires to
    create the output you see on the paper. The resolution used by these
    printers is 120 dots per inch (305 dots per cm) in the vertical
    direction.

    In order to get the correct line spacing, you need to choose a driver
    on your IBM host that converts your spool files to send the proper
    priter control commands for a printer operating at 366 dots per
    centimeter. For Epson emulation, this means you need to choose an
    Epson LQ model of printer.
    For IBM PPDS mode, you need to make sure you select a 24 wire driver.

    As you have mentioned, it is when you select a driver for a 9 wire
    printer but use a 24 wire printer instead that you get the wrong lines
    per inch spacing.

    Best Regards,

    /Paul
    --
    Paul Tykodi
    Principal Consultant

  3. Re: lexmark 2491 on HP 170X printer server

    Paul Tykodi wrote:
    > On May 22, 12:37 pm, "i.c.r" wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have a Lexmark 2491 printer on a HP 170X printer server.
    >>
    >> Printer works in EPSON mode. I use on system i a remote outq with
    >> *EPFX1170 host transform and 'RAW' printer queue. and 'XAIX' option.
    >>
    >> I try to print a standard spool (10 cpi, 6 LPI, 132 char/line) I can
    >> print 12 cpi, and copies(2).
    >>
    >> It seems it works fine. . . but NO. It doesn't print 6 LPI but
    >> around 5 LPI.
    >>
    >> 5 LPI does'nt exist but 3, 4, 6, 8.
    >>
    >> I try a Lexmark printer server, AXEL terminal LPD and PRT5250
    >> parallel port. I try IBM mode with *LEX2491 host transform.
    >>
    >> It works always with 5 LPI.
    >>
    >> I turn crazy now.
    >>
    >> Do you know this problem ?
    >>
    >> Perhaps do I hask Nicolas Sarcosy (god blesses our new adored
    >> president) about this problem ?
    >>
    >> Thanks, best regards,
    >>
    >> Frederic Faurehttp://i.c.r.free.fr

    > Hi Frederic,
    >
    > The 249x printers use 24 wires to create the output you see on the
    > paper. The resolution is 144 dots per inch (366 dots per cm) in the
    > vertical direction.
    >
    > There are other models of Lexmark printers, which use 9 wires to
    > create the output you see on the paper. The resolution used by these
    > printers is 120 dots per inch (305 dots per cm) in the vertical
    > direction.
    >
    > In order to get the correct line spacing, you need to choose a driver
    > on your IBM host that converts your spool files to send the proper
    > priter control commands for a printer operating at 366 dots per
    > centimeter. For Epson emulation, this means you need to choose an
    > Epson LQ model of printer.
    > For IBM PPDS mode, you need to make sure you select a 24 wire driver.
    >
    > As you have mentioned, it is when you select a driver for a 9 wire
    > printer but use a 24 wire printer instead that you get the wrong lines
    > per inch spacing.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > /Paul

    Hi,

    It works fine now (yesterday !),

    I modified *EPFX1170 wscst (new personnal wscst). I add '1B32' in the
    varlspc: DATA (IBM'er help)

    thanks for all . . .

    frederic

+ Reply to Thread