Iseries/AS400 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Iseries/AS400 - IBM AS400 ; Hi, What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access, instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall, then importing the data ...

  1. Iseries/AS400

    Hi,

    What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in
    Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access,
    instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall,
    then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly
    appreciated.

    James

  2. Re: Iseries/AS400

    Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes:

    > What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in
    > Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access,
    > instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall,
    > then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated.

    The iSeries software package for your PC contains an ODBC-driver which
    Access should be able to use to do a remote connection.

    I believe that currently it is called "IBM iSeries Access for
    Windows".
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: Iseries/AS400

    And if you have that software already installed, then you can select
    whatever columns and rows directly from Excel [under Data tab, Trsnsfer
    from iSeries to generate a .dtf] without first copying into tables in
    Access; i.e. no reason to add yet another query/copy when the intent was
    to eliminate that type of activity in the first place.

    Regards, Chuck
    -- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

    Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
    > Mos.StaLL@gmail.com writes:
    >
    >> What software do I need to make the files in AS400 to tables in
    >> Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access,
    >> instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall,
    >> then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly
    >> appreciated.

    > The iSeries software package for your PC contains an ODBC-driver which
    > Access should be able to use to do a remote connection.
    >
    > I believe that currently it is called "IBM iSeries Access for
    > Windows".

  4. Re: Iseries/AS400

    On May 22, 8:00 pm, Mos.St...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What software do I need to make the files inAS400to tables in
    > Microsoft Access? My hope is to query information from Access,
    > instead of running queries in AS/400 then exporting the data manuall,
    > then importing the data to Excel. Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated.
    >
    > James

    I feel Surveyor400 software by Linoma will be useful for you.

+ Reply to Thread