Qurstion about WRKRDBDIRE - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Qurstion about WRKRDBDIRE - IBM AS400 ; I have to change the database name of a new machine to the one of the prior machine. Which of the options that I was thinking of would be the thing to do? Delete the old *LOCAL entry (Serial number) ...

  1. Qurstion about WRKRDBDIRE

    I have to change the database name of a new machine to the one of the
    prior machine.
    Which of the options that I was thinking of would be the thing to do?

    Delete the old *LOCAL entry (Serial number) and create MYDB as *LOCAL.

    Change the old one from *LOCAL to a IP address and create MYDB as
    *LOCAL.

    Change the old one from *LOCAL to *LOOPBACK and create MYDB as *LOCAL.

    Leave the serial number *LOCAL entry as is and add MYDB with
    RMTLOCNAME = IP address or *LOOPBACK.

    Thank You
    Walter

  2. Re: Qurstion about WRKRDBDIRE

    I think you will have to delete the old one and create the new one to
    replace it. Make you you display the old definition so you can set
    the new one to match. For example the old one will probably be
    *LOCAL, *IP, the new one may default to *NONE *SNA, you would need to
    change the parmaters to get the desired result.

    If you are going to do this, it's best to do it when you setup the
    server not after it's gone live.

    Regards, Brad

+ Reply to Thread