Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z - IBM AS400 ; Hi all I just thought I'd post this so that it might help someone else in the future. 1. When setting up the LP 2844-Z on your PC do not use their driver, just give it the generic text printer ...

  1. Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    Hi all

    I just thought I'd post this so that it might help someone else in the
    future.

    1. When setting up the LP 2844-Z on your PC do not use their driver,
    just give it the generic text printer driver.

    2. Using notepad copy this ZPL and print it.

    ~cc%%xa&jus%xz
    %XA
    %DFAS400T-2%FS
    %PR4
    %LH0,0%FS
    %LL240
    %MD0
    %MNY
    %LH0,0%FS
    %FO176,29%A0N,62,53%CI13%FR%FN998%FS
    %FO20,26%A0N,48,42%CI13%FR%FDPART NO.%FS
    %BY3,3.0%FO85,105%BCN,80,Y,N,N,A%FR%FN998%FS
    %FO15,16%GB530,209,4%FS
    %XZ
    %XA
    %XFAS400T-2.ZPL
    %FN998%FD$PTNO$%FS
    %PQ1,0,1,N
    %XZ
    %FX

    This should have produced a label for you, so you've now proved the
    printer works..
    NB It will have changed the Karet '^' to '%'.

    3. Set up an OUTQ on the AS400.

    OUTQ > ZEBRA
    > QGPL or any library you wish.

    MAXPAGES
    *NONE
    SEQ *FIFO
    RMTSYS *INTNETADR
    RMTPRTQ 'portLF1' <<<<<< port in lower case
    AUTOSTRWTR 1
    MSGQ QSYSOPR
    *LIBL
    CNNTYPE *IP
    DESTTYPE *OTHER
    TRANSFORM *YES
    MFRTYPMDL *WSCSTCONT132
    WSCST QWPDEFAULT
    QSYS
    IMGCFG *NONE
    INTNETADR '192.168.168.79 '
    DESTOPT 'XAIX' R440 and later. 'XAUTOQ XAIX' if prior
    OS400 release.
    SEPPAGE *NO
    USRDFNOPT *NONE
    USRDFNOBJ
    *NONE
    USRDRVPGM *NONE

    SPLFASP *SYSTEM
    TEXT 'Zebra LP 2844-Z
    DSPDTA *NO
    JOBSEP 0
    OPRCTL *YES
    DTAQ *NONE
    AUTCHK *DTAAUT

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers
    Neil

    View Printer Configuration
    46A062000218
    +10 DARKNESS
    +000 TEAR OFF
    TEAR OFF PRINT MODE
    NON-CONTINUOUS MEDIA TYPE
    WEB SENSOR TYPE
    DIRECT-THERMAL PRINT METHOD
    104 0/8 MM PRINT WIDTH
    0620 LABEL LENGTH
    39.0IN 988MM MAXIMUM LENGTH
    NOT CONNECTED USB COMM.
    PARALLEL PARALLEL COMM.
    RS232 SERIAL COMM.
    9600 BAUD
    8 BITS DATA BITS
    NONE PARITY
    XON/XOFF HOST HANDSHAKE
    NONE PROTOCOL
    000 NETWORK ID
    NORMAL MODE COMMUNICATIONS
    <~> 7EH CONTROL PREFIX
    <%> 25H FORMAT PREFIX
    <,> 2CH DELIMITER CHAR
    ZPL II ZPL MODE
    CALIBRATION MEDIA POWER UP
    CALIBRATION HEAD CLOSE
    DEFAULT BACKFEED
    +000 LABEL TOP
    +0000 LEFT POSITION
    079 WEB S.
    092 MEDIA S.
    050 MARK S.
    000 MARK MED S.
    070 MEDIA LED
    050 RIBBON LED
    089 MARK LED
    CS MODES ENABLED
    .. MODES DISABLED
    832 8/MM FULL RESOLUTION
    V45.11.7Z <- FIRMWARE
    V20.0.0.42 HARDWARE ID
    CUSTOMIZED CONFIGURATION
    8192.............R: RAM
    2816.............E: ONBOARD FLASH
    NONE FORMAT CONVERT
    TWINAX/COAX ID
    FW VERSION IDLE DISPLAY
    05/05/37 RTC DATE
    00:00 RTC TIME
    PERMANENT IP RESOLUTION
    ALL IP PROTOCOL
    192.168.168.079 IP ADDRESS
    255.255.255.000 SUBNET MASK
    192.168.168.168 DEFAULT GATEWAY

    Print Server Configuration.

    General
    Serial Number: 2636887
    Ethernet Address: 00074D283C57 Cable Type:
    10BASET
    Speed: 10Mbps Link Status: Good
    F/W Version: 7.02 (3111A) Polarity:
    Normal

    Rx Packets: 397 Tx Packets: 437
    Rx Packets Unavailable: 0 Tx Packet Errors: 0
    Rx Packet Errors: 0 Tx Packet Retries: 0
    Checksum Errors: 0

    Error:
    NetWare: None
    TCP/IP: None

    NetWare (ENABLED)
    Mode: Unknown

    Print Server Name: ZBR2636887

    SAP Interval: 1 Minute
    Frame Format: Ethernet 802.3
    Trap Destination: 00.00.00.00 : 00.00.00.00.00.00

    TCP/IP (ENABLED)
    System Name: ZBR1111111 <<<<<< This will be your
    serial number.
    Web Address: http://192.168.168.79
    IP Address: 192.168.168.79
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.168.168
    Timeout Checking: Disabled
    Trap Destination(s): 255.255.255.255

    JetAdmin (ENABLED)

    Port Configuration
    Name: P1
    Printer Status: Online
    Language Switching: Off
    Bidirectional Communication: Enabled
    Connected To: printer - ZTC LP2844-
    Z-200dpi
    Printer Panel Display:
    Error: None

  2. Re: Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    I don't know whether it's peculiar to the LP 2844-Z, but it didn't
    work on the AS400 until the Karet was changed from '^' to '%'.

    Cheers
    Neil

  3. Re: Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    On Apr 24, 10:04 am, Newbie_Neil wrote:
    > I don't know whether it's peculiar to the LP 2844-Z, but it didn't
    > work on the AS400 until the Karet was changed from '^' to '%'.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    No - its just plain peculiar. Our zebra printers of model 160S
    attached though a jet network box require a cent sign (at least on my
    screen it appears as a small c with a line through) & we cant print
    pound signs. (Thats the fancy L we use for currency in the UK) It may
    just be a codepage problem but its too late now - all the programs etc
    have been coded & theres no going back for us. I think I did fix the
    caret once in test by adjusting codepages but the other live outqs
    were already setup & so no change. In our manual there is a command to
    change the caret eg ^CC% so future comands require a leading %. Just
    the opposite for you. I couldnt find an escape char so if I send
    strings with the caret it fails miserably, although the users dont
    know how to enter a cent sign - yet.

    Jonathan.

  4. Re: Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    Hi Johnathan

    All you have to do is to send it down as hex.

    11 '%FO20,10%AD'
    28 '%FH%FD_9C$$%FS'

    This was a test we ran successfully yesterday.

    Cheers
    Neil

  5. Re: Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    Hi all

    I thought my previous post might have been confusing, so this is the
    code used for printing a pound sign: -

    %FO20,10%AD'%FH%FD_9C%FS

    HTH.

    Cheers
    Neil

  6. Re: Instructions on how set up a Zebra LP 2844-Z

    On Apr 30, 11:14 am, Newbie_Neil wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I thought my previous post might have been confusing, so this is the
    > code used for printing a pound sign: -
    >
    > %FO20,10%AD'%FH%FD_9C%FS
    >
    > HTH.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Neil

    Thanks - Will try later. - but its a pain to have to scan each product
    description & may not make it into production.

    Jonathan.

+ Reply to Thread