Error installing CGIDEV2 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Error installing CGIDEV2 - IBM AS400 ; I am trying to install CGIDEV2 on my 620 at home. Its at 5.2OS. The first two steps(from the readme.txt) file run fine, but when I run : STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL2) SRCFILE(CGIDEV2/QREXSRC) I get this error: Directory /CgidevExtHtml could not be ...

  1. Error installing CGIDEV2

    I am trying to install CGIDEV2 on my 620 at home. Its at 5.2OS. The
    first two steps(from the readme.txt) file run fine, but when I run :
    STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL2) SRCFILE(CGIDEV2/QREXSRC)
    I get this error:
    Directory /CgidevExtHtml could not be restored. Press F1 to know more.
    Joblog states:
    Program HTTPCFG not found in library CGIDEV2.
    Any idea's on why this is happening. I am signed on as QSECOFR.
    thanks,
    Brian

  2. Re: Error installing CGIDEV2

    On Apr 3, 8:14 am, shopp...@datawhouse.com wrote:
    > I am trying to install CGIDEV2 on my 620 at home. Its at 5.2OS. The
    > first two steps(from the readme.txt) file run fine, but when I run :
    > STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL2) SRCFILE(CGIDEV2/QREXSRC)
    > I get this error:
    > Directory /CgidevExtHtml could not be restored. Press F1 to know more.
    > Joblog states:
    > Program HTTPCFG not found in library CGIDEV2.
    > Any idea's on why this is happening. I am signed on as QSECOFR.
    > thanks,
    > Brian

    Library list issue maybe.

  3. Re: Error installing CGIDEV2

    > Library list issue maybe.

    tried that already, thanks!

  4. Re: Error installing CGIDEV2

    shopping@datawhouse.com wrote:

    > I am trying to install CGIDEV2 on my 620 at home. Its at 5.2OS. The
    > first two steps(from the readme.txt) file run fine, but when I run :
    > STRREXPRC SRCMBR(INSTALL2) SRCFILE(CGIDEV2/QREXSRC)
    > I get this error:
    > Directory /CgidevExtHtml could not be restored. Press F1 to know more.
    > Joblog states:
    > Program HTTPCFG not found in library CGIDEV2.
    > Any idea's on why this is happening. I am signed on as QSECOFR.
    > thanks,
    > Brian

    Is the program there? If not, it's a bug with the install routine.
    Contact Giovanni, try the forums on the site, or go to www.erpgsdk.com
    and give that a whirl.

    Brad
    www.bvstools.com

  5. Re: Error installing CGIDEV2

    Brad,
    Thanks for the help. I did just that and Giovanni after a couple of
    emails back and forth was able to get me going. As per your www.erpgsdk.com,
    I already have your two books e-rpg/e-rpg(v2) - great books. Once I
    get a little more comfortable I plan on installing your free 45 day on
    my personal AS/400 at home and taking that for a whirl. I need to do a
    lot of testing on my box and not works. I need to get a good handle on
    this stuff before I start making "major" changes at work. They still
    code using RPGII/III. I'm trying to get my group to start coding RPG-
    ILE, let alone free-form, but they are all set in their old ways. I've
    shown them embedded SQL and they think it's great, but still no go.
    Right now the negativity at work about the AS/400 is the green
    screen. We use VB apps to GUI-ify a little bit, but changes take
    forever with our VB group. This is going to open up a huge door for
    the company and especially me.
    I'm a little long winded.....
    Brian

  6. Re: Error installing CGIDEV2

    Good to hear Giovanni was able to help. He's really good about that.

    Sorry to hear about your group stuck in RPGIII. I hope they're not the
    same one's being negative about the AS/400 because of Green Screen.

    If they like VB, there are Visual RPG products out there (ASNA has one
    that I've tried a few years back) that is basically exactly like VB..
    even the interface/IDE. I liked it if that's what you're into. But,
    now adays I prefer the "thin client" approach using a web browser for
    certain applications.

    shopping@datawhouse.com wrote:
    > Brad,
    > Thanks for the help. I did just that and Giovanni after a couple of
    > emails back and forth was able to get me going. As per your www.erpgsdk.com,
    > I already have your two books e-rpg/e-rpg(v2) - great books. Once I
    > get a little more comfortable I plan on installing your free 45 day on
    > my personal AS/400 at home and taking that for a whirl. I need to do a
    > lot of testing on my box and not works. I need to get a good handle on
    > this stuff before I start making "major" changes at work. They still
    > code using RPGII/III. I'm trying to get my group to start coding RPG-
    > ILE, let alone free-form, but they are all set in their old ways. I've
    > shown them embedded SQL and they think it's great, but still no go.
    > Right now the negativity at work about the AS/400 is the green
    > screen. We use VB apps to GUI-ify a little bit, but changes take
    > forever with our VB group. This is going to open up a huge door for
    > the company and especially me.
    > I'm a little long winded.....
    > Brian

+ Reply to Thread