Subfiles page up and page down - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Subfiles page up and page down - IBM AS400 ; I have a question.... When using the page up and page down, after some records are displayed the page down key does work. The subfile remains on the current screen and will not load the next records. The next records ...

  1. Subfiles page up and page down

    I have a question....

    When using the page up and page down, after some records are displayed
    the page down key does work. The subfile remains on the current
    screen and will not load the next records. The next records to be
    displayed has some of the same data as the last record being
    displayed.

    Thanks for any advice.....

    additional information....

    using SFLDROP

    SFLPAG <> SFLSIZ

  2. Re: Subfiles page up and page down

    On Apr 3, 2:47 am, mk4ucch...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I have a question....
    >
    > When using the page up and page down, after some records are displayed
    > the page down key does work. The subfile remains on the current
    > screen and will not load the next records. The next records to be
    > displayed has some of the same data as the last record being
    > displayed.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.....
    >
    > additional information....
    >
    > using SFLDROP
    >
    > SFLPAG <> SFLSIZ

    I'm assuming this is a programming problem. Have you defined eg
    PAGEDOWN(75)
    PAGEUP(76)
    in the DDS?
    Does the indicator get seton when the program returns from the screen
    exfmt or read? Is the screen locked? If so you need to press reset to
    enable the keyboard again.
    When you say the next records have some of the same data as the last
    record maybe your program is working on the pageing through data but
    just not properly? Its not uncommon to have to page through non
    uniquely keyed data but it requires some effort.
    Also since your sflpag<>sflsiz I assume youre adding to the end of the
    sfl. In that case you may want this:
    MYRRN 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR
    & fill MYRRN to force that record on the sfl to be displayed.

    HTH
    Jonathan.

  3. Re: Subfiles page up and page down

    On Apr 3, 6:44 am, "Jonathan Bailey"
    wrote:
    > On Apr 3, 2:47 am, mk4ucch...@hotmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > I have a question....

    > > When using thepageupandpagedown, after some records are displayed
    > > thepagedown key does work. The subfile remains on the current
    > > screen and willnotload the next records. The next records to be
    > > displayed has some of the same data as the last record being
    > > displayed.

    > > Thanks for any advice.....

    > > additional information....

    > > using SFLDROP

    > > SFLPAG <> SFLSIZ

    > I'm assuming this is a programming problem. Have you defined eg
    > PAGEDOWN(75)
    > PAGEUP(76)
    > in the DDS?
    > Does the indicator get seton when the program returns from the screen
    > exfmt or read? Is the screen locked? If so you need to press reset to
    > enable the keyboard again.
    > When you say the next records have some of the same data as the last
    > record maybe your program isworkingon the pageing through data but
    > justnotproperly? Itsnotuncommon to have topagethrough non
    > uniquely keyed data but it requires some effort.
    > Also since your sflpag<>sflsiz I assume youre adding to the end of the
    > sfl. In that case you may want this:
    > MYRRN 4S 0H SFLRCDNBR
    > & fill MYRRN to force that record on the sfl to be displayed.
    >
    > HTH
    > Jonathan.

    Yep!! There was a programming problem.....

    Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread