How to keep alive a tunnel L2TP between 2 Iseries ? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How to keep alive a tunnel L2TP between 2 Iseries ? - IBM AS400 ; How to keep alive a L2TP tunnel if it drops ? Is there any way to configure the tunnel initiator to retry connection several times and the interval ? We are working in V5R3M0. Thanks in advance....

  1. How to keep alive a tunnel L2TP between 2 Iseries ?

    How to keep alive a L2TP tunnel if it drops ? Is there any way to configure
    the tunnel initiator to retry connection several times and the interval ?

    We are working in V5R3M0.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to keep alive a tunnel L2TP between 2 Iseries ?

    If this is a TCP/IP service, you can change the value for TCP keep
    alives with the CHGTCPA command. The default is to send a keep alive
    every 120 minutes but under certain conditions, it could be close to
    double that before a keep alive is sent. We use a value of 30 minutes
    and that has worked well for us. You will need to restart the
    application after this value is changed.

    Matt

    On Apr 2, 10:13 am, "CENTRINO" wrote:
    > How to keep alive a L2TP tunnel if it drops ? Is there any way to configure
    > the tunnel initiator to retry connection several times and the interval ?
    >
    > We are working in V5R3M0.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread