cblle - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on cblle - IBM AS400 ; Hi how to debug cobol Ile programs.....

  1. cblle

    Hi how to debug cobol Ile programs..

  2. Re: cblle

    siva wrote:
    > Hi how to debug cobol Ile programs..

    Here's how to use the debugger that comes with the system:

    1. Compile with a DBGVIEW value other than *STMT, such as DBGVIEW(*ALL)
    2. STRDBG yourcobolpgm
    3. Set breakpoints using F6, then hit F12
    4. Call your program
    5. Use F10 to step, F22 to step into, F11 to see the value of variables,
    F12 to run to the next breakpoint, etc

    The ILE COBOL Programmer's Guide has a chapter on using the debugger.

  3. Re: cblle

    Barbara Morris wrote:
    > siva wrote:
    >> Hi how to debug cobol Ile programs..
    >>

    > Here's how to use the debugger that comes with the system:
    >
    > 1. Compile with a DBGVIEW value other than *STMT, such as DBGVIEW(*ALL)
    > 2. STRDBG yourcobolpgm
    > 3. Set breakpoints using F6, then hit F12
    > 4. Call your program
    > 5. Use F10 to step, F22 to step into, F11 to see the value of variables,
    > F12 to run to the next breakpoint, etc
    >
    > The ILE COBOL Programmer's Guide has a chapter on using the debugger.

    An alternative is the graphical System Debugger (that also comes with
    the system . Here is a link I googled up that gives an overview:

    http://www.metromidrange.org/iSeries...20Debugger.ppt

    Infocenter link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rzamqmain.htm

    --
    Karl Hanson

  4. Re: cblle

    On Mar 15, 12:48 am, Karl Hanson wrote:
    > Barbara Morris wrote:
    > > siva wrote:
    > >> Hi how to debug cobol Ile programs..

    > > Here's how to use the debugger that comes with the system:

    > > 1. Compile with a DBGVIEW value other than *STMT, such as DBGVIEW(*ALL)
    > > 2. STRDBG yourcobolpgm
    > > 3. Set breakpoints using F6, then hit F12
    > > 4. Call your program
    > > 5. Use F10 to step, F22 to step into, F11 to see the value of variables,
    > > F12 to run to the next breakpoint, etc

    > > The ILE COBOL Programmer's Guide has a chapter on using the debugger.

    > An alternative is the graphical System Debugger (that also comes with
    > the system . Here is a link I googled up that gives an overview:
    >
    > http://www.metromidrange.org/iSeries...20Debugger.ppt
    >
    > Infocenter link:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ndex.jsp?topic...
    >
    > --
    > Karl Hanson