FTP v4r4 vs v5r1 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on FTP v4r4 vs v5r1 - IBM AS400 ; anyone know of any changes with the FTP under os/400 between v4r4 and v5r1? have a ftp that works under 5.1 but fails at 4.4. (the boxes are on different networks) i suspect it's something else in a firewall or ...

  1. FTP v4r4 vs v5r1

    anyone know of any changes with the FTP under os/400 between v4r4 and
    v5r1?

    have a ftp that works under 5.1 but fails at 4.4. (the boxes are on
    different networks) i suspect it's something else in a firewall
    or router on the v4r4 400.

  2. Re: FTP v4r4 vs v5r1

    "JHL" writes:

    > have a ftp that works under 5.1 but fails at 4.4. (the boxes are on

    At what point does it fail? If commands are accepted but data
    transfers are not, it is most likely a firewall issue.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: FTP v4r4 vs v5r1

    the remote FTP asks for id, password and logs in. if we attempt a
    LS (unix list command) it fails and kills the ftp session.

    On Feb 22, 4:37 pm, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen
    wrote:
    > "JHL" writes:
    > > have a ftp that works under 5.1 but fails at 4.4. (the boxes are on

    > At what point does it fail? If commands are accepted but data
    > transfers are not, it is most likely a firewall issue.
    > --
    > Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  4. Re: FTP v4r4 vs v5r1

    "JHL" writes:

    > the remote FTP asks for id, password and logs in. if we attempt a
    > LS (unix list command) it fails and kills the ftp session.

    Sounds like a firewall problem. The data transfer is initiated by
    either the server or the client (active/passive). You can try
    changing to the other, and see if it helps.

    There is a ftp command for it - pasv if I recall correctly.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

+ Reply to Thread