format for certificate?? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on format for certificate?? - IBM AS400 ; I'm hoping for some help on this, I need set up a client encripted ftp, I have been reading in the TCP/IP Application on the IBM eserver iseries server. Appears I need to import the certificate into my *system Store ...

  1. format for certificate??

    I'm hoping for some help on this, I need set up a client encripted
    ftp,
    I have been reading in the TCP/IP Application on the IBM eserver
    iseries
    server. Appears I need to import the certificate into my *system Store
    however,
    the example given just showing the certificate as a .cert . The
    provider has asked
    me what format?

    Which format do you want? Let me know and I will export now and send
    via email.

    1 - Binary ASN.1 DER
    2 - Base64 ASN.1 DER
    3 - Binary PKCS #7
    4 - Base64 PKCS #7
    Can anyone give me a hand? What format?

  2. Re: format for certificate??

    #1 should work fine. But it's not a certificate that you're installing.
    I believe it will be a Certificate Authority. I'm assuming you're the
    "client" in this case. Which means you need a CA so that when you
    connect via SSL the certificate they are using it will be "trusted".

+ Reply to Thread