Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query - IBM AS400 ; Anyone have any good tools that are better than others. Looking maybe to create reports that can be saved to like the IFS and then remotely launched via web browser....

  1. Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query

    Anyone have any good tools that are better than others. Looking maybe
    to create reports that can be saved to like the IFS and then remotely
    launched via web browser.

  2. Re: Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query

    JackO said the following on 21.veljańća 2007 18:59:
    > Anyone have any good tools that are better than others. Looking maybe
    > to create reports that can be saved to like the IFS and then remotely
    > launched via web browser.

    iSeries Access for Web ?

    --
    Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
    Delete wirus from e-mail address

  3. Re: Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query

    On 21 Feb., 18:59, "JackO" wrote:
    > Anyone have any good tools that are better than others. Looking maybe
    > to create reports that can be saved to like the IFS and then remotely
    > launched via web browser.

    You could use IceBreak, which is a tool for creating webbased iSeries
    applications. One of the functions is the Inspire server which is
    free.

    With Inspire you can 'publish' your queries in the webserver (which
    runs on the iSeries), and later start them through the browser.

    You can download the tool from www.icebreak.org ..

  4. Re: Looking for web based GUI tools to replace Green Screen Query

    If you're looking for commercial solutions we have a couple products that
    might work:

    1.) WebSpool - Allows users to access their output queue's via a web browser
    and view/download reports.

    2.) If you're looking for a product to webify any document including
    reports, check out our WebDocs software. WebDocs can capture and publish
    documents such as iSeries Reports, scanned images, Word docs, Excel
    spreadsheetss, program created IFS files and more...

    If you would like to learn more, check out our web site or feel free to
    contact me directly.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "JackO" wrote in message
    news:1172080758.166541.51740@s48g2000cws.googlegro ups.com...
    > Anyone have any good tools that are better than others. Looking maybe
    > to create reports that can be saved to like the IFS and then remotely
    > launched via web browser.

+ Reply to Thread