run PASE program from OS400 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on run PASE program from OS400 - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I've installed mySQL for AIX on my PASE environment. If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do: CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh. I would like to do it from OS400 command line. I need to be able ...

  1. run PASE program from OS400

    Hi.
    I've installed mySQL for AIX on my PASE environment.

    If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.

    I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.

    I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    and I get error message:

    Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB9C7 Severity . . . . . . . : 30

    Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic

    Date sent . . . . . . : 16/02/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
    13:04:08

    Message . . . . : OS/400 PASE program or shell script not executable.
    Path
    is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.

    Cause . . . . . : An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    formatted
    correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An OS/400
    PASE
    shell script must be a bytestream file encoded in the OS/400 PASE
    (ASCII)
    CCSID.

    Recovery . . . : Specify a valid OS/400 PASE program or shell script,
    and
    then try the request again.

    Technical description . . . . . . . . : The error occurred loading
    Portable
    Application Solutions Environment program usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.

    Does anybody has any idea what is wrong?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    il 16/02/2007 13.04, Scrive tomasz 40453392:
    > Hi.
    > I've installed mySQL for AIX on my PASE environment.
    >
    > If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    > CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.
    >
    > I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    > I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    > backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.
    >
    > I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    > and I get error message:
    >
    > Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB9C7 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
    > Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
    > Date sent . . . . . . : 16/02/07 Time sent . . . . . . : 13:04:08
    >

    > Message . . . . : OS/400 PASE program or shell script not executable.
    > Path
    > is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    > Cause . . . . . : An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    > formatted
    > correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An OS/400
    > PASE
    > shell script must be a bytestream file encoded in the OS/400 PASE (ASCII)
    > CCSID.
    > Recovery . . . : Specify a valid OS/400 PASE program or shell script,
    > and
    > then try the request again.
    > Technical description . . . . . . . . : The error occurred loading
    > Portable
    > Application Solutions Environment program usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    >

    > Does anybody has any idea what is wrong?

    Try using the absolute path (starting with /)
    -
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA˝e joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vŃo Ó merda

  3. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    Unfortunatelly the same.
    I've copied also strsql.sh into '/', and get the same error I did before.

    Tomasz

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli napisał(a):
    > il 16/02/2007 13.04, Scrive tomasz 40453392:
    >> Hi.
    >> I've installed mySQL for AIX on my PASE environment.
    >>
    >> If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    >> CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.
    >>
    >> I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    >> I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    >> backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.
    >>
    >> I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    >> and I get error message:
    >>
    >> Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB9C7 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
    >> Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
    >> Date sent . . . . . . : 16/02/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
    >> 13:04:08
    >>

    >> Message . . . . : OS/400 PASE program or shell script not
    >> executable. Path
    >> is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    >> Cause . . . . . : An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    >> formatted
    >> correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An
    >> OS/400 PASE
    >> shell script must be a bytestream file encoded in the OS/400 PASE
    >> (ASCII)
    >> CCSID.
    >> Recovery . . . : Specify a valid OS/400 PASE program or shell
    >> script, and
    >> then try the request again.
    >> Technical description . . . . . . . . : The error occurred loading
    >> Portable
    >> Application Solutions Environment program usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    >>

    >> Does anybody has any idea what is wrong?

    > Try using the absolute path (starting with /)
    > -
    > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA├▒ ejoAlcoolInside
    > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v├úo ├* merda
    > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'

  4. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    "tomasz" wrote in message
    > If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    > CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.
    >
    > I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    > I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    > backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.
    >
    > I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    > and I get error message:
    >
    > Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB9C7 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
    > Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic Date sent . . . . . . : 16/02/07
    > Time sent . . . . . . : 13:04:08
    >
    > Message . . . . : OS/400 PASE program or shell script not executable.
    > Path
    > is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    > Cause . . . . . : An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    > formatted
    > correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An OS/400

    QP2SHELL only recognizes/runs shell scripts that have a "bang" comment at
    the start of the file that identifies path to the shell program (differs
    from an active shell, which may attempt to run any executable text file as a
    script, even if the "bang" comment is missing):

    #!/usr/bin/sh
    echo This is a test script

    Check that your script is stored in an ASCII CCSID (such as 819) and uses
    only linefeed at the end of each line (UNIX defacto standard, differs from
    the PC OS convention of carriage return and linefeed at end of each line).
    You can check both these things using "F15=Services" from the EDTF
    command/editor.

    Finally, note that QP2SHELL doesn't setup stdin/out/err as "forkable"
    descriptors, which can cause problems for shells. You'll probably get more
    reliable results by using QSH to either run the script or launch an i5/OS
    PASE shell that runs the script, because QSH opens pipes (or socket pairs)
    for stdin/out/err that are forkable:

    qsh cmd('yourscript')

    QSH will automatically run i5/OS PASE executables, so as long as the PATH
    environment variable includes the necessary directories, you can often use
    QSH to run a script that includes references to i5/OS PASE
    commands/utilities. Also, you can specify an i5/OS PASE shell in the bang
    comment if needed. For example, this script will run the i5/OS PASE C shell
    when it is invoked using the QSH command string above:

    #!/QOpenSys/usr/bin/csh
    setenv TEST 'csh ran this script'
    echo $TEST

    --
    George Timms
    IBM Rochester

  5. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    Two things to check. First, make sure your script has execute
    authority. Second, is the file and the data in it in CCSID 819?

    Matt

    On Feb 16, 8:29┬*am, tomasz wrote:
    > Unfortunatelly the same.
    > I've copied also strsql.sh into '/', and get the same error I did before.
    >
    > Tomasz
    >
    > Dr.UgoGagliardelli napisał(a):
    >

    > > il 16/02/2007 13.04, Scrive tomasz 40453392:
    > >> Hi.
    > >> I've installed mySQL for AIX on my PASE environment.

    > >> If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    > >> CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.

    > >> I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    > >> I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    > >> backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.

    > >> I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    > >> and I get error message:

    > >> Message ID . . . . . . : ┬* CPDB9C7 ┬* ┬* ┬* Severity .. . . . . . . : ┬* 30
    > >> Message type . . . . . : ┬* Diagnostic
    > >> Date sent ┬*. . . . . . : ┬* 16/02/07 ┬* ┬* ┬*Timesent ┬*. . . . . . :
    > >> 13:04:08

    > >> Message . . . . : ┬* OS/400 PASE program or shell script not
    > >> executable. Path
    > >> ┬* is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    > >> Cause . . . . . : ┬* An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    > >> formatted
    > >> ┬* correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An
    > >> OS/400 PASE
    > >> ┬* shell script must be a bytestream file encoded in the OS/400 PASE
    > >> (ASCII)
    > >> ┬* CCSID.
    > >> Recovery ┬*. . . : ┬* Specify a valid OS/400 PASE program or shell
    > >> script, and
    > >> ┬* then try the request again.
    > >> Technical description . . . . . . . . : ┬* The error occurred loading
    > >> Portable
    > >> ┬* Application Solutions Environment program usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.

    > >> Does anybody has any idea what is wrong?

    > > Try using the absolute path (starting with /)
    > > -
    > > Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA├▒ ejoAlcoolInside
    > > Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers v├úo ├* merda
    > > Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre/Spammers loop
    > > schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quoted text -

  6. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    Hi.

    I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    I also checked using edtf command option F15
    3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I
    think it's correct value).
    I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.
    When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    I try to run it doing:
    CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/usr/mysuser/strsql.sh')

    What Am I doing wrong?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

    George Timms napisa│(a):
    > "tomasz" wrote in message
    >> If I want to start mySQL deamon I need to do:
    >> CALL QP2TERM and usr/myuser/strsql.sh.
    >>
    >> I would like to do it from OS400 command line.
    >> I need to be able to close/start mySQL deamon because of my i5 nightly
    >> backup and I would like to do it from job scheduler.
    >>
    >> I trid to use CALL QP2SHELL PARM('usr/myuser/strsql.sh
    >> and I get error message:
    >>
    >> Message ID . . . . . . : CPDB9C7 Severity . . . . . . . : 30
    >> Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic Date sent . . . . . . : 16/02/07
    >> Time sent . . . . . . : 13:04:08
    >>
    >> Message . . . . : OS/400 PASE program or shell script not executable.
    >> Path
    >> is usr/cwtost/strsql.sh.
    >> Cause . . . . . : An OS/400 PASE program must be a bytestream file
    >> formatted
    >> correctly as a PowerPC 32-bit or 64-bit executable program. An OS/400

    > QP2SHELL only recognizes/runs shell scripts that have a "bang" comment at
    > the start of the file that identifies path to the shell program (differs

    > from an active shell, which may attempt to run any executable text file as a
    > script, even if the "bang" comment is missing):
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/sh
    > echo This is a test script
    >
    > Check that your script is stored in an ASCII CCSID (such as 819) and uses
    > only linefeed at the end of each line (UNIX defacto standard, differs from
    > the PC OS convention of carriage return and linefeed at end of each line).
    > You can check both these things using "F15=Services" from the EDTF
    > command/editor.
    >
    > Finally, note that QP2SHELL doesn't setup stdin/out/err as "forkable"
    > descriptors, which can cause problems for shells. You'll probably get more
    > reliable results by using QSH to either run the script or launch an i5/OS
    > PASE shell that runs the script, because QSH opens pipes (or socket pairs)
    > for stdin/out/err that are forkable:
    >
    > qsh cmd('yourscript')
    >
    > QSH will automatically run i5/OS PASE executables, so as long as the PATH
    > environment variable includes the necessary directories, you can often use
    > QSH to run a script that includes references to i5/OS PASE
    > commands/utilities. Also, you can specify an i5/OS PASE shell in the bang
    > comment if needed. For example, this script will run the i5/OS PASE C shell
    > when it is invoked using the QSH command string above:
    >
    > #!/QOpenSys/usr/bin/csh
    > setenv TEST 'csh ran this script'
    > echo $TEST

  7. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    tomasz said the following on 16.velja─Źa 2007 15:31:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    > I also checked using edtf command option F15
    > 3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I
    > think it's correct value).
    > I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.
    > When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    > #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    MySQL on OS/400 (Pase) ? Very unlikely.
    --
    Dejan Rodiger - PGP ID 0xAC8722DC
    Delete wirus from e-mail address

  8. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    il 16/02/2007 15.31, Scrive tomasz 40453392:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    > I also checked using edtf command option F15
    > 3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I
    > think it's correct value).
    > I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.
    > When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    > #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
    >
    > I try to run it doing:
    > CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/usr/mysuser/strsql.sh')
    >
    > What Am I doing wrong?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

    In os400 pase /usr path will be found as /QOpenSys/usr, in other words
    absolute path in pase are relative to /QOpenSys file system.

    Are you sure the & operator works? I would submit the call to pase
    shell, without the & operator inside the script, via sbmjob os400 command.

    --
    Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA˝e joAlcoolInside
    Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome/Spammers vŃo Ó merda

  9. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    "tomasz" wrote in message
    > I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    > I also checked using edtf command option F15
    > 3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I think
    > it's correct value).
    > I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.

    The F15 screen should have a line that looks like this:

    5. Stream file EOL option . . . . *LF

    If you see any other value (such as *CRLF), i5/OS PASE shells won't
    understand it.

    > When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    > #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    You cannot specify parameters on the "bang" comment line. The entire line
    (after the #!) is interpreted as the path/name of a program.

    > I try to run it doing:
    > CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/usr/mysuser/strsql.sh')

    Any background work (implied by the ampersand you tried to specify on the
    "bang" comment line) is unlikely to work correctly when invoked by QP2SHELL.
    This is exactly the kind of thing that requires the stdin/out/err setup done
    by the QSH command.

    You probably want a script like this:

    #!/usr/bin/sh
    /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    And you should be able to invoke it like this (using QShell to interpret the
    script, and allowing QShell to run the mysqld_safe i5/OS PASE program):

    qsh cmd('yourscript')

    P.S. As long as QShell is interpreting the script, the script file CCSID
    doesn't matter and the lineend value can be either *LF or *CRLF.

    --
    George Timms
    IBM Rochester

  10. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    Hi.

    My script looks like this now:
    #!/usr/bin/sh
    cd usr/local/mysql
    bin/mysqld_safe --user=cwtost &

    Its options (F15 from EDTF) are:
    Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819
    Stream file EOL option . . . . *LF

    If I do CALL QP2TERM and do usr/cwtost/strsql.sh everything starts fine.
    But when I go QSH CMD('/usr/cwtost/strsql.sh') I get message that myslq
    daemon ended:
    Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
    /usr/local/mysql-standard-5.0.27-a
    ix5.2-powerpc-64bit/data

    STOPPING server from pid file
    /usr/local/mysql-standard-5.0.27-aix5.2-powerpc
    -64bit/data/i51.COMPANY.COM.pid
    070219 14:39:00 mysqld ended

    All options and scripts looks correct.
    Does anybody knows what else can be incorrect?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

    George Timms napisa│(a):
    > "tomasz" wrote in message
    >> I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    >> I also checked using edtf command option F15
    >> 3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I think
    >> it's correct value).
    >> I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.

    > The F15 screen should have a line that looks like this:
    >
    > 5. Stream file EOL option . . . . *LF
    >
    > If you see any other value (such as *CRLF), i5/OS PASE shells won't
    > understand it.
    >
    >> When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    >> #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    > You cannot specify parameters on the "bang" comment line. The entire line
    > (after the #!) is interpreted as the path/name of a program.
    >
    >> I try to run it doing:
    >> CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/usr/mysuser/strsql.sh')

    > Any background work (implied by the ampersand you tried to specify on the
    > "bang" comment line) is unlikely to work correctly when invoked by QP2SHELL.
    > This is exactly the kind of thing that requires the stdin/out/err setup done
    > by the QSH command.
    >
    > You probably want a script like this:
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/sh
    > /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
    >
    > And you should be able to invoke it like this (using QShell to interpret the
    > script, and allowing QShell to run the mysqld_safe i5/OS PASE program):
    >
    > qsh cmd('yourscript')
    >
    > P.S. As long as QShell is interpreting the script, the script file CCSID
    > doesn't matter and the lineend value can be either *LF or *CRLF.

  11. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    I've just found an mysql error information on log file:

    070219 14:39:00 mysqld started
    070219 14:39:00 [Warning] Setting lower_case_table_names=2 because file
    system for /usr/local/mysql-standard-5.0.27-aix5.2-powerpc-64bit/data/
    is case insensitive
    setgroups: A system call received a parameter that is not valid.
    070219 14:39:00 [Warning] No argument was provided to --log-bin, and
    --log-bin-index was not used; so replication may break when this MySQL
    server acts as a master and has his hostname changed!! Please use
    '--log-bin=i51-bin' to avoid this problem.
    InnoDB: Error: pthread_create returned 11
    070219 14:39:00 mysqld ended

    Perhaps it can help.
    Tomasz

    George Timms napisa│(a):
    > "tomasz" wrote in message
    >> I've added '#!/' at the beggining of my script.
    >> I also checked using edtf command option F15
    >> 3. Change CCSID of file . . . . . 00819 Job CCSID: 00037 (I think
    >> it's correct value).
    >> I don't know if I understood what you wrote about linefeed.

    > The F15 screen should have a line that looks like this:
    >
    > 5. Stream file EOL option . . . . *LF
    >
    > If you see any other value (such as *CRLF), i5/OS PASE shells won't
    > understand it.
    >
    >> When I'm on EDTF I see only:
    >> #!//usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &

    > You cannot specify parameters on the "bang" comment line. The entire line
    > (after the #!) is interpreted as the path/name of a program.
    >
    >> I try to run it doing:
    >> CALL QP2SHELL PARM('/usr/mysuser/strsql.sh')

    > Any background work (implied by the ampersand you tried to specify on the
    > "bang" comment line) is unlikely to work correctly when invoked by QP2SHELL.
    > This is exactly the kind of thing that requires the stdin/out/err setup done
    > by the QSH command.
    >
    > You probably want a script like this:
    >
    > #!/usr/bin/sh
    > /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
    >
    > And you should be able to invoke it like this (using QShell to interpret the
    > script, and allowing QShell to run the mysqld_safe i5/OS PASE program):
    >
    > qsh cmd('yourscript')
    >
    > P.S. As long as QShell is interpreting the script, the script file CCSID
    > doesn't matter and the lineend value can be either *LF or *CRLF.

  12. Re: run PASE program from OS400

    "tomasz" wrote in message
    > I've just found an mysql error information on log file:
    >
    > 070219 14:39:00 mysqld started
    > 070219 14:39:00 [Warning] Setting lower_case_table_names=2 because file
    > system for /usr/local/mysql-standard-5.0.27-aix5.2-powerpc-64bit/data/ is
    > case insensitive
    > setgroups: A system call received a parameter that is not valid.
    > 070219 14:39:00 [Warning] No argument was provided to --log-bin,
    > and --log-bin-index was not used; so replication may break when this MySQL
    > server acts as a master and has his hostname changed!! Please use
    > '--log-bin=i51-bin' to avoid this problem.
    > InnoDB: Error: pthread_create returned 11
    > 070219 14:39:00 mysqld ended

    Another difference between QShell and modern UNIX behavior: QShell defaults
    to launching any utility/program in an job that is NOT multithread-capable.
    (In contrast, all jobs started by QP2TERM and i5/OS PASE fork are always
    multithread-capable)

    pthread_create returns an errno value for any error. 11 is the AIX
    encoding for EAGAIN, which is the errno value ILE pthread_create (used by
    i5/OS PASE) returns in a job that is not multithread-capable.

    You can set (ILE) environment variable QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y to tell QShell
    to allow multithreading. I'm not sure whether you can simply add "export
    QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y" to your script or if this variable must be set before
    starting the shell (check InfoCenter QShell documentation)

    --
    George Timms
    IBM Rochester

+ Reply to Thread