partitioned Tables - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on partitioned Tables - IBM AS400 ; Hi, anybody out, working with partitioned tables? is it true, that multiple systems feature is prerequisite even for local partitions? any experience with performance of bulk operations on (locally) partitioned tables? Dieter Bender...

  1. partitioned Tables

    Hi,

    anybody out, working with partitioned tables?
    is it true, that multiple systems feature is prerequisite even for local
    partitions?
    any experience with performance of bulk operations on (locally) partitioned
    tables?

    Dieter Bender

  2. Re: partitioned Tables

    Yes, DB2 Multisystem is required for partitioned tables even on a single,
    standalone system.

    There's a good white paper for partitioning at:
    ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/ibo/view.html?wp

    --
    Kent Milligan
    ISV Enablement - System i

    (opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

  3. Re: partitioned Tables

    Hi,
    it seems to me that nobody is working with this. We have some performance
    problems with tables with more than 500.000.000 records to copy 20.000.000
    records to this tables, for instance; in the meantime we have solved this
    issue by changing the maintenance of the indexes to delay and change them
    back in parallel to immed. I've read the paper, its not so bad, but you
    don't see if it would really help and its rather exepensive to install a
    license product and verify performance issues with such big tables by your
    own.
    Star Scheme support and EVIs for instance, don't help anything for queries
    like Select * from MyTable where mandant = 2 (Table with 500.000.000
    records with mandant 1 and just a few 1000 with mandant 2) and
    recommendations to drop an evi before writing to the tabe and recreate
    afterwards... this will take some hours.

    Dieter Bender

    Kent Milligan wrote:

    > Yes, DB2 Multisystem is required for partitioned tables even on a single,
    > standalone system.
    >
    > There's a good white paper for partitioning at:
    > ibm.com/servers/enable/site/education/ibo/view.html?wp
    >
    > Dieter Bender wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> anybody out, working with partitioned tables?
    >> is it true, that multiple systems feature is prerequisite even for local
    >> partitions?
    >> any experience with performance of bulk operations on (locally)
    >> partitioned tables?
    >>
    >> Dieter Bender

+ Reply to Thread