OS/400 install date - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on OS/400 install date - IBM AS400 ; Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 ...

  1. OS/400 install date

    Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    fullfill their request. Thanks!

  2. Re: OS/400 install date

    You should be able to use the install log on the LICPGM menu. I assume
    you installed the the PTF package. The install log information will be
    for this PTF package, but this should satisfy the auditors.

    okieadmin skrev:
    > Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    > tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    > auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    > Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    > I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    > fullfill their request. Thanks!

  3. Re: OS/400 install date

    You could use the WRKLICINF command and display details. This would
    show when you entered the License Keys. That would verify within 70
    days of install of the OS. Also, if your syslog file has not been
    closed or overwritten you could use option 50 from the GO LICPGM
    command and display the inzsys message.
    I'm not sure why Auditors would need that information either, unless
    they want to justify paying IBM for the Software Maintanence Agreement.
    --LEM50
    okieadmin wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    > tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    > auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    > Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    > I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    > fullfill their request. Thanks!

  4. Re: OS/400 install date

    Scrive okieadmin 40815904:
    > Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    > tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    > auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    > Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    > I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    > fullfill their request. Thanks!

    You should look at the restore date of the object QSYS/QSZ0050 of type
    *PRDDFN, thats the object that define the product 5722SS1/5050 that's
    the operating system itself.

  5. Re: OS/400 install date

    NSM -

    That could work if any does not deletes those QHST log files on a
    regular 'house keeping' of the system. I have install PTFs back in
    2003, and I tried the display install log, nada..not there because the
    history files are gone as well. I keep about 15 days of QHST log files,
    not 3 years..that would consume alot of system DASD resorces.

    Is there any other way to show the last update/install of OS?

    Gil

    nsm wrote:
    > You should be able to use the install log on the LICPGM menu. I assume
    > you installed the the PTF package. The install log information will be
    > for this PTF package, but this should satisfy the auditors.
    >
    > okieadmin skrev:
    >
    >>Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    >>tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    >>auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    >>Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    >>I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    >>fullfill their request. Thanks!

  6. Re: OS/400 install date

    WRKLICINF is great...if you do a prompt on it..you can have a hard copy
    of it too! This is better.

    Thanks

    Gil

    LEM50 wrote:

    > You could use the WRKLICINF command and display details. This would
    > show when you entered the License Keys. That would verify within 70
    > days of install of the OS. Also, if your syslog file has not been
    > closed or overwritten you could use option 50 from the GO LICPGM
    > command and display the inzsys message.
    > I'm not sure why Auditors would need that information either, unless
    > they want to justify paying IBM for the Software Maintanence Agreement.
    > --LEM50
    > okieadmin wrote:
    >
    >>Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    >>tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    >>auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    >>Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    >>I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    >>fullfill their request. Thanks!

  7. Re: OS/400 install date

    I shot myself in the foot on this. I did a prompt and printed the
    output, but it does not show the 'update' dates. You may have to resort
    to 'print screen' function on each of the LICPGM you have.

    Gil

    Gilbert Noetzel wrote:
    > WRKLICINF is great...if you do a prompt on it..you can have a hard copy
    > of it too! This is better.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gil
    >
    > LEM50 wrote:
    >
    >> You could use the WRKLICINF command and display details. This would
    >> show when you entered the License Keys. That would verify within 70
    >> days of install of the OS. Also, if your syslog file has not been
    >> closed or overwritten you could use option 50 from the GO LICPGM
    >> command and display the inzsys message.
    >> I'm not sure why Auditors would need that information either, unless
    >> they want to justify paying IBM for the Software Maintanence Agreement.
    >> --LEM50
    >> okieadmin wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anybody know how to determine or what object to look at that will
    >>> tell me what date OS/400 (i5/OS) was last installed or upgraded? My
    >>> auditors are here and they want me to verify that I upgraded to V5R4 on
    >>> Christmas like I say I did. In all my years of AS/400 and IT auditing,
    >>> I've never been asked such a question, but I thought I would try to
    >>> fullfill their request. Thanks!

  8. Re: OS/400 install date

    Scrive Gilbert Noetzel 40648952:
    > I shot myself in the foot on this. I did a prompt and printed the
    > output, but it does not show the 'update' dates. You may have to resort
    > to 'print screen' function on each of the LICPGM you have.

    Or maybe
    WRKLICINF OUTPUT(*PRINT)
    WRKLICINF PRDID(5722SS1) OUTPUT(*PRINT)

  9. Re: OS/400 install date

    Dr.

    I tried what you did, but the *print options only listed as what is
    shown below:

    Work with License Information
    Page 1
    5722SS1 V5R3M0 040528 S105F7MM 01/11/07
    11:17:52
    > Work with License Information Page 1
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 040528 S105F7MM 01/11/07 11:17:52
    > License Usage Usage Peak
    > Product Term Feature Description Limit Count Usage
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5050 Operating System/400 *NOMAX .00 .00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5103 OS/400 - Media and Storage Extensions 0 .00 .00
    > 5722SS1 V5 5109 OS/400 - NetWare Enhanced Integration 0 .00 .00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5112 OS/400 - PSF/400 1-45 IPM Printer Support *NOMAX 1.00 1.00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5113 OS/400 - PSF/400 1-100 IPM Printer Support 0 .00 1.00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5114 OS/400 - PSF/400 Any Speed Printer Support 0 .00 1.00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5116 OS/400 - HA Switchable Resources 0 .00 .00
    > 5722SS1 V5R3M0 5117 OS/400 - HA Journal Performance 0 .00 .00

    ...no update/install dates listed. Sorry..but WRKLICINF and type 5 next
    to it and do PRINT SCREEN button on each one of them to satisfy your
    auditors.

    Gil

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > Scrive Gilbert Noetzel 40648952:
    >
    >> I shot myself in the foot on this. I did a prompt and printed the
    >> output, but it does not show the 'update' dates. You may have to
    >> resort to 'print screen' function on each of the LICPGM you have.

    > Or maybe
    > WRKLICINF OUTPUT(*PRINT)
    > WRKLICINF PRDID(5722SS1) OUTPUT(*PRINT)

  10. Re: OS/400 install date

    Scrive Gilbert Noetzel 40648952:
    > Dr.
    >
    > I tried what you did, but the *print options only listed as what is
    > shown below:

    > ..no update/install dates listed. Sorry..but WRKLICINF and type 5 next
    > to it and do PRINT SCREEN button on each one of them to satisfy your
    > auditors.

    You're right, wrklicinf + option 6 and wrklicinf *print do not print the
    same info, I realized just now, by the way option 6 will print without
    using multiple print-screen.

  11. Re: OS/400 install date

    Dr. Yes..that works..option 6 to PRINT DETAILS will work. Unfortunately
    if you have 20 lic pgms you will have 20 printouts of them. That is no
    biggie..it is good.

    Hope this helps for everyone! Have a great New Year!

    Gil

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > Scrive Gilbert Noetzel 40648952:
    >
    >> Dr.
    >>
    >> I tried what you did, but the *print options only listed as what is
    >> shown below:

    >> ..no update/install dates listed. Sorry..but WRKLICINF and type 5
    >> next to it and do PRINT SCREEN button on each one of them to satisfy
    >> your auditors.

    > You're right, wrklicinf + option 6 and wrklicinf *print do not print the
    > same info, I realized just now, by the way option 6 will print without
    > using multiple print-screen.

+ Reply to Thread