Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP - IBM AS400 ; Hi there. I've just configured a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP-printer on one of our iSeries-machines (running V5R3). I've configured it as a *LAN device and there's no problems printing from the device - exept that it staples when done. ;-) ...

  1. Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP

    Hi there.

    I've just configured a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP-printer on one of our
    iSeries-machines (running V5R3). I've configured it as a *LAN device and
    there's no problems printing from the device - exept that it staples when
    done. ;-)
    The *DEVD is a *HP5SI using *HPPJLDRV system driver, but no WSCST-
    objects were used in doing so. How can I make the printer stop stapling
    what it prints?

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards

    Stig Norre

    System Consultant
    IBM Certified Technical Solutions Expert
    http://www.at400.dk

  2. Re: Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet4730MFP

    Stig Norre wrote:
    > Hi there.
    >
    > I've just configured a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP-printer on one of our
    > iSeries-machines (running V5R3). I've configured it as a *LAN device and
    > there's no problems printing from the device - exept that it staples when
    > done. ;-)
    > The *DEVD is a *HP5SI using *HPPJLDRV system driver, but no WSCST-
    > objects were used in doing so. How can I make the printer stop stapling
    > what it prints?

    AFAIK stapling is not support via HPT, so if your printer is stapling
    anyway must be a configuration parameter hard-coded in the printer hardware.

  3. Re: Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP

    On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:54:33 +0100, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    wrote:

    >AFAIK stapling is not support via HPT, so if your printer is stapling
    >anyway must be a configuration parameter hard-coded in the printer hardware.

    OK, thanks. Thought it might be something like that, but that there might
    be some WSCST-way out of it. :-) But thanks.

    Best regards

    Stig Norre

    i5 Systems Manager
    IBM Certified Technical Solutions Expert
    http://www.at400.dk

  4. Re: Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet4730MFP

    Stig Norre schreef:
    > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:54:33 +0100, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> AFAIK stapling is not support via HPT, so if your printer is stapling
    >> anyway must be a configuration parameter hard-coded in the printer hardware.

    > OK, thanks. Thought it might be something like that, but that there might
    > be some WSCST-way out of it. :-) But thanks.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Stig Norre
    >
    > i5 Systems Manager
    > IBM Certified Technical Solutions Expert
    > http://www.at400.dk

    Well, there probably is, but you'd need to find the code that tells your
    printer how to stop stapling (printer manual?) and then find a spot in
    de WSCST to insert that code, probably at printer initialisation.

    --
    Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards,

    René H. Hartman
    www.hac-maarssen.nl

  5. Re: Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet4730MFP

    René H. Hartman schreef:
    > Stig Norre schreef:
    >> On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:54:33 +0100, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
    >>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> AFAIK stapling is not support via HPT, so if your printer is stapling
    >>> anyway must be a configuration parameter hard-coded in the printer
    >>> hardware.

    >> OK, thanks. Thought it might be something like that, but that there might
    >> be some WSCST-way out of it. :-) But thanks.
    >>
    >> Best regards
    >>
    >> Stig Norre
    >>
    >> i5 Systems Manager
    >> IBM Certified Technical Solutions Expert
    >> http://www.at400.dk

    > Well, there probably is, but you'd need to find the code that tells your
    > printer how to stop stapling (printer manual?) and then find a spot in
    > de WSCST to insert that code, probably at printer initialisation.

    To be complete: it should suppress stapling only for the current job, or
    you'd have to end the stream with enablement again, which might just
    invalidate the object...

    --
    Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards,

    René H. Hartman
    www.hac-maarssen.nl

  6. Re: Disabling staple function when printing from a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP

    You may be able to use a third party solution. FInishing functions can
    be set and modified when using a print server. RPM will allow you to
    use all your finishing functions for any spool file coming off the 400.
    Check out http://www.brooksnet.com/as400-printing.html

    Have a great weekend!

    FT

    Stig Norre wrote:
    > Hi there.
    >
    > I've just configured a HP Color LaserJet 4730MFP-printer on one of our
    > iSeries-machines (running V5R3). I've configured it as a *LAN device and
    > there's no problems printing from the device - exept that it staples when
    > done. ;-)
    > The *DEVD is a *HP5SI using *HPPJLDRV system driver, but no WSCST-
    > objects were used in doing so. How can I make the printer stop stapling
    > what it prints?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > Stig Norre
    >
    > System Consultant
    > IBM Certified Technical Solutions Expert
    > http://www.at400.dk

+ Reply to Thread