write(e) in an SQLRPGLE - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on write(e) in an SQLRPGLE - IBM AS400 ; Trying to use the extended bif WRITE(E). I can't seem to get it to compile. Does it have to be in a free format section in the C specs? Can someone give me some sample code. Thanks for any help! ...

  1. write(e) in an SQLRPGLE

    Trying to use the extended bif WRITE(E). I can't seem to get it to
    compile. Does it have to be in a free format section in the C specs?
    Can someone give me some sample code.
    Thanks for any help!
    Brian

  2. Re: write(e) in an SQLRPGLE

    Its not actually a bif - its a command. And yes it should work in both
    fixed and free format.

    C Write(E) RecFormat
    -or-
    /FREE
    Write(E) RecFormat;
    /END-FREE

    Are you maybe not on a current release? What is the error exactly ?

+ Reply to Thread