Client Access Printing with Arial Font - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Client Access Printing with Arial Font - IBM AS400 ; HI All, Any idea if it is possible to print in Arial Font via pc5250 emulation printer on a LAN printer ? Where can I find out more info, it seems that AS400 fonts are limited to dot matrix font ...

  1. Client Access Printing with Arial Font

    HI All,

    Any idea if it is possible to print in Arial Font via pc5250 emulation
    printer on a LAN printer ?

    Where can I find out more info, it seems that AS400 fonts are limited to dot
    matrix font type.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Client Access Printing with Arial Font

    Using PC5250 emulator is a cheap an cheerful way of getting Advanced
    Function Printing started, it is much more cost effective than an IPDS
    module in a Laser Printer but that said it is not suitable for high
    volumes.

    Ideally you'd want to use APFDS and Page Segments, this works with
    virtually any modern network laser printer but this would mean rolling
    up your sleeves and getting invloved in you application code.

    There is an IBM Redbook on Printing that you may want to reference for
    ideals availalbe at link below:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...2160.html?Open

    There are also some third party tools that allow you to do this sort of
    document enhancement without programming, example of this sort of tool
    is InterForm, they will give you are fully functioning eval version for
    a trial period, check out the following link for an example

    http://www.spacetec.co.uk/products/i...interform.html

    Happy New Year, Brad

  3. sucess with same problem.... 3rd party software

    Hi Brad, we know of a client who had similar problems, we have used and
    recommend trying RPM for the AS400 font issues
    http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com/pr...ngoptions.html and for
    the IPDS issues, http://ipds.brooksnet.com/index.html.

    Best of luck!

    FT

    SHOT wrote:
    > HI All,
    >
    > Any idea if it is possible to print in Arial Font via pc5250 emulation
    > printer on a LAN printer ?
    >
    > Where can I find out more info, it seems that AS400 fonts are limited to dot
    > matrix font type.
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. Re: sucess with same problem.... 3rd party software

    Hi Guys,

    Happy new year. Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the leads.

    Thanks. And have a great year ahead.

    "FT" wrote in message
    news:1167751727.950987.273240@k21g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi Brad, we know of a client who had similar problems, we have used and
    > recommend trying RPM for the AS400 font issues
    > http://www.as400tcpipprinting.com/pr...ngoptions.html and for
    > the IPDS issues, http://ipds.brooksnet.com/index.html.
    >
    > Best of luck!
    >
    > FT
    >
    > SHOT wrote:
    >> HI All,
    >>
    >> Any idea if it is possible to print in Arial Font via pc5250 emulation
    >> printer on a LAN printer ?
    >>
    >> Where can I find out more info, it seems that AS400 fonts are limited to
    >> dot
    >> matrix font type.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread