Problem with Java calls from ILE RPG? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Problem with Java calls from ILE RPG? - IBM AS400 ; Hello together! I have an RPG program that calls some java methods. It works fine on a SBCS version of iSeries (V5R3M0), but on a DBCS version I have some problems when the first java method is called in RPG ...

  1. Problem with Java calls from ILE RPG?

    Hello together!

    I have an RPG program that calls some java methods. It works fine on a SBCS version of iSeries
    (V5R3M0), but on a DBCS version I have some problems when the first java method is called in RPG in
    a japanese environment. I got failure:

    MESSAGE ID . . . . . . : RNX0451
    DATE SENT . . . . . . : 22/12/06 TIME SENT . . . . . . : 23:19:13

    MESSAGE . . . . : CONVERSION BETWEEN CCSID(5026) AND CCSID(-11) IS NOT
    SUPPORTED.

    CAUSE . . . . . : IN RPG PROCEDURE TESTJAVA IN PROGRAM TEST/TESTJAVA, A
    CONVERSION IS BEING DONE WHICH REQUIRES CONVERSION FROM CCSID(5026) TO
    CCSID(-11), BUT THIS CONVERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    RECOVERY . . . : USE COMMAND DSPJOB TO FIND THE CCSID OF YOUR JOB, THEN
    CONTACT THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PROGRAM MAINTENANCE TO DETERMINE THE
    CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM.
    TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION . . . . . . . . : FOR CONVERSION BETWEEN CHARACTER
    VALUES AND GRAPHIC VALUES, THE CHARACTER VALUE IS ASSUMED TO BE IN THE
    GRAPHIC CCSID RELATED TO THE JOB CCSID. FOR CONVERSION BETWEEN GRAPHIC
    LITERALS AND GRAPHIC FIELDS, THE CCSID OF THE LITERAL IS ASSUMED TO BE THE
    GRAPHIC CCSID RELATED TO THE JOB CCSID.

    At this statement the constructor java.lang.String is called and he gots an UCS2 coded string.
    CCSID 5026 is used in this environment, but I don't know what "-11" means.

    I also got some more messages in log:

    CONVERSION BETWEEN CCSID(5026) AND CCSID(-11) IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    FUNCTION CHECK. RNX0451 UNMONITORED BY TESTJAVA AT STATEMENT 0000019000,
    INSTRUCTION X'0000'.
    POINTER NOT SET FOR LOCATION REFERENCED.
    INTERNAL FAILURE IN COMPILER OR SUBROUTINE.
    FUNCTION CHECK. RNX9998 UNMONITORED BY TESTJAVA AT STATEMENT *N,
    INSTRUCTION X'0000'.
    RNX9998 RECEIVED BY PROCEDURE TESTJAVAN. (C D I R)

    We also updated the maschine to V5R4M0, but we got the same failure.

    On V5R3M0 I got also a similar error under a chinese environment. When I run the program
    in batch I got a conversion error that conversion from 1388 to -10 is not supported. When I answer
    the message with (R)etry, the program starts again an everything works well. This error does not
    occur under V5R4M0.

    Any ideas what this could be?

    Kind regards

    Martin Stoeberl

  2. Re: Problem with Java calls from ILE RPG?

    Martin Stoeberl wrote:
    > Hello together!
    >
    > I have an RPG program that calls some java methods. It works fine on a SBCS version of iSeries
    > (V5R3M0), but on a DBCS version I have some problems when the first java method is called in RPG in
    > a japanese environment. I got failure:
    >

    > MESSAGE ID . . . . . . : RNX0451
    > DATE SENT . . . . . . : 22/12/06 TIME SENT . . . . . . : 23:19:13
    >
    > MESSAGE . . . . : CONVERSION BETWEEN CCSID(5026) AND CCSID(-11) IS NOT
    > SUPPORTED.
    >
    > CAUSE . . . . . : IN RPG PROCEDURE TESTJAVA IN PROGRAM TEST/TESTJAVA, A
    > CONVERSION IS BEING DONE WHICH REQUIRES CONVERSION FROM CCSID(5026) TO
    > CCSID(-11), BUT THIS CONVERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    > RECOVERY . . . : USE COMMAND DSPJOB TO FIND THE CCSID OF YOUR JOB, THEN
    > CONTACT THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PROGRAM MAINTENANCE TO DETERMINE THE
    > CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM.
    > TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION . . . . . . . . : FOR CONVERSION BETWEEN CHARACTER
    > VALUES AND GRAPHIC VALUES, THE CHARACTER VALUE IS ASSUMED TO BE IN THE
    > GRAPHIC CCSID RELATED TO THE JOB CCSID. FOR CONVERSION BETWEEN GRAPHIC
    > LITERALS AND GRAPHIC FIELDS, THE CCSID OF THE LITERAL IS ASSUMED TO BE THE
    > GRAPHIC CCSID RELATED TO THE JOB CCSID.
    >

    > At this statement the constructor java.lang.String is called and he gots an UCS2 coded string.
    > CCSID 5026 is used in this environment, but I don't know what "-11" means.
    >
    > I also got some more messages in log:
    >
    > CONVERSION BETWEEN CCSID(5026) AND CCSID(-11) IS NOT SUPPORTED.
    > FUNCTION CHECK. RNX0451 UNMONITORED BY TESTJAVA AT STATEMENT 0000019000,
    > INSTRUCTION X'0000'.
    > POINTER NOT SET FOR LOCATION REFERENCED.
    > INTERNAL FAILURE IN COMPILER OR SUBROUTINE.
    > FUNCTION CHECK. RNX9998 UNMONITORED BY TESTJAVA AT STATEMENT *N,
    > INSTRUCTION X'0000'.
    > RNX9998 RECEIVED BY PROCEDURE TESTJAVAN. (C D I R)
    >
    > We also updated the maschine to V5R4M0, but we got the same failure.
    >
    > On V5R3M0 I got also a similar error under a chinese environment. When I run the program
    > in batch I got a conversion error that conversion from 1388 to -10 is not supported. When I answer
    > the message with (R)etry, the program starts again an everything works well. This error does not
    > occur under V5R4M0.
    >
    > Any ideas what this could be?

    Ccsid should be an unsigned short integer (2 bytes) that's a data type
    not present in Java, so you should say that -11 = x'FFF5' = 65525 and
    -10 = x'FFF6' = 65526 that IMHO are both invalid CCSID.
    What's trying to do your RPG al spec. 190.00?

  3. Re: Problem with Java calls from ILE RPG?

    > Ccsid should be an unsigned short integer (2 bytes) that's a data type
    > not present in Java, so you should say that -11 = x'FFF5' = 65525 and
    > -10 = x'FFF6' = 65526 that IMHO are both invalid CCSID.
    > What's trying to do your RPG al spec. 190.00?

    At this point I call a prototype that points to the constructor from java.lang.String.
    As parameter the constructor gets an UCS2 encoded string.

    Converting the string to UCS2 works fine (tried this out with a temporary UCS2 variable in my
    program), so at the point the error occurs no conversion should be made. Only the parameter should
    be passed.

    Martin

+ Reply to Thread