RUNRMTCMD - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on RUNRMTCMD - IBM AS400 ; I don't know if I have an Iseries or PC problem? I'm trying out the RUNRMTCMD command for the first time. It seems to be getting out to my Windows XP prof PC, but it gives an error that the ...

  1. RUNRMTCMD

    I don't know if I have an Iseries or PC problem?
    I'm trying out the RUNRMTCMD command for the first time. It seems to be
    getting out to my Windows XP prof PC, but it gives an error that the PC
    rejected the request. It doesn't matter what command I try to execute. The
    user name I am using has admin authority on the PC, and that pesky Iseries
    client access service is started. I'm referencing the PC by its ip address.
    Even though this command will not go, if I try to run the same thing with
    the RUNPCCMD command it will work.
    Thanks in advance,
    Joe in Florida

  2. Re: RUNRMTCMD

    These are 2 different methods to execute commands on a PC.

    The STRPCCMD utility executes code on a PC that is connected by a 5250
    session.
    RUNRMTCMD is actually a rexec client that needs a rexec server.

    Client Access has a built-in rexec server on the PC, but it it turned
    off by default.

    Open your PC services console and look for "iSeries Access for Windows
    Remote Command". If it is there, turn it on. If it is not, you have to
    install it from the Client Access CD.

    Shalom Carmel

    Darth Ferret wrote:
    > I don't know if I have an Iseries or PC problem?
    > I'm trying out the RUNRMTCMD command for the first time. It seems to be
    > getting out to my Windows XP prof PC, but it gives an error that the PC
    > rejected the request. It doesn't matter what command I try to execute. The
    > user name I am using has admin authority on the PC, and that pesky Iseries
    > client access service is started. I'm referencing the PC by its ip address.
    > Even though this command will not go, if I try to run the same thing with
    > the RUNPCCMD command it will work.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Joe in Florida

  3. Re: RUNRMTCMD

    Darth Ferret wrote:
    > I don't know if I have an Iseries or PC problem?
    > I'm trying out the RUNRMTCMD command for the first time. It seems to be
    > getting out to my Windows XP prof PC, but it gives an error that the PC
    > rejected the request. It doesn't matter what command I try to execute. The
    > user name I am using has admin authority on the PC, and that pesky Iseries
    > client access service is started. I'm referencing the PC by its ip address.
    > Even though this command will not go, if I try to run the same thing with
    > the RUNPCCMD command it will work.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Joe in Florida

    Keep in mind that the Windows user profile is case sensitive with
    RUNRMTCMD, so on the RUNRMTCMD you need to enclose the password in
    single quotes. The error message you get in your spool file in this
    case should indicate an invalid username or password though. Another
    possibility is the request is being blocked by a firewall, either a
    software firewall on the PC or one on the network.

    IBM's doc on iSeries Access and PC firewalls:
    http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...1?OpenDocument

+ Reply to Thread