viewing spooled files on screen - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on viewing spooled files on screen - IBM AS400 ; I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently picked up an old 9406 system. I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are listed on the screen. Since I don't have a printer ...

  1. viewing spooled files on screen

    I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently
    picked up an old 9406 system.

    I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are
    listed on the screen.

    Since I don't have a printer to dump output to, if I'm in Display
    Spooled File and I have more on the screen with "More..." listed at the
    bottom, what would the keystroke or F key be to see more pages?

  2. Re: viewing spooled files on screen

    "cjbst59" wrote in message
    news:1166889943.966060.220800@a3g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
    > I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently
    > picked up an old 9406 system.
    >
    > I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are
    > listed on the screen.
    >
    > Since I don't have a printer to dump output to, if I'm in Display
    > Spooled File and I have more on the screen with "More..." listed at
    > the
    > bottom, what would the keystroke or F key be to see more pages?

    the F1 key describes all the other keys.

  3. Re: viewing spooled files on screen

    Page down/page up is probably what you want. Most OS/400 screens have
    context sensitive help built in. Put the cursor on the field in question
    and press F1.

    Sam

    "cjbst59" wrote in message
    news:1166889943.966060.220800@a3g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
    > I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently
    > picked up an old 9406 system.
    >
    > I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are
    > listed on the screen.
    >
    > Since I don't have a printer to dump output to, if I'm in Display
    > Spooled File and I have more on the screen with "More..." listed at the
    > bottom, what would the keystroke or F key be to see more pages?

  4. Re: viewing spooled files on screen

    hi if you are in spoolfile option then use shift+F6 see last file or
    F18
    Saml wrote:
    > Page down/page up is probably what you want. Most OS/400 screens have
    > context sensitive help built in. Put the cursor on the field in question
    > and press F1.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    > "cjbst59" wrote in message
    > news:1166889943.966060.220800@a3g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
    > > I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently
    > > picked up an old 9406 system.
    > >
    > > I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are
    > > listed on the screen.
    > >
    > > Since I don't have a printer to dump output to, if I'm in Display
    > > Spooled File and I have more on the screen with "More..." listed at the
    > > bottom, what would the keystroke or F key be to see more pages?

  5. Re: viewing spooled files on screen

    Saml wrote:
    > Page down/page up is probably what you want. Most OS/400 screens have
    > context sensitive help built in. Put the cursor on the field in question
    > and press F1.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    > "cjbst59" wrote in message
    > news:1166889943.966060.220800@a3g2000cwd.googlegro ups.com...
    > > I'm fairly new to the 400 system (usually unix/windows) and recently
    > > picked up an old 9406 system.
    > >
    > > I've been just poking around so far and alot of the keystrokes are
    > > listed on the screen.
    > >
    > > Since I don't have a printer to dump output to, if I'm in Display
    > > Spooled File and I have more on the screen with "More..." listed at the
    > > bottom, what would the keystroke or F key be to see more pages?

  6. Re: viewing spooled files on screen

    cjbst59,
    If you are new to the AS/400, see if you can get iSeries Access
    installed on a PC. Then use iSeries Navigator. It gives you a GUI
    display of system functions and resources, including spool files. It
    also lets you drag spool files to your PC desktop.

+ Reply to Thread