Epson POS Thermal Printer - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Epson POS Thermal Printer - IBM AS400 ; Hi all, I am trying to replace our STAR dot matrix printers with Epson TM-T88IV thermal POS printers for our POS receipts. The best way I can get them to print is to: 1) Install the printer in on Windows ...

  1. Epson POS Thermal Printer

    Hi all,

    I am trying to replace our STAR dot matrix printers with Epson TM-T88IV
    thermal POS printers for our POS receipts. The best way I can get them
    to print is to: 1) Install the printer in on Windows 2) Create a CA
    printer session with no HPT and use the PDT basic_ascii. This prints
    at 10 CPI no matter what and does not cut the paper. I have to space 9
    lines after the last one to be able to use the manual tear.

    I have tried 6 ways from Sunnday to no avail. Does anyone have any
    suggestions? Should I be using another printer maybe?

    Thanks in advance,

    Falco

  2. Re: Epson POS Thermal Printer

    Falco wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to replace our STAR dot matrix printers with Epson TM-T88IV
    > thermal POS printers for our POS receipts. The best way I can get them
    > to print is to: 1) Install the printer in on Windows 2) Create a CA
    > printer session with no HPT and use the PDT basic_ascii. This prints
    > at 10 CPI no matter what and does not cut the paper. I have to space 9
    > lines after the last one to be able to use the manual tear.
    >
    > I have tried 6 ways from Sunnday to no avail. Does anyone have any
    > suggestions? Should I be using another printer maybe?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Falco

    I don't have experience of the Epson, but from past experience with
    thermal barcode printers, there is usually a control language that you
    can embed in the spool file that you send to the printer. The printer
    then reads the control language (and removes it from the spool) and then
    prints the spool file accordingly. The printer appears to be graphics
    and barcode compatible so I would be surprised if you can't control it -
    including the paper cutter. Do you have the technical reference for the
    printer with the control language?

    GB

+ Reply to Thread