IBM 4GB QIC COMPABILITY - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on IBM 4GB QIC COMPABILITY - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I'm from Turkey , I called IBM Turkey about this subject but they couldn't help me properly. Our system is i-series 9406-270 and tape back-up unit is 4GB/8GB SLR5. We need a new tape drive cos our back-up process ...

  1. IBM 4GB QIC COMPABILITY

    Hi.

    I'm from Turkey , I called IBM Turkey about this subject but they
    couldn't help me properly.

    Our system is i-series 9406-270 and tape back-up unit is 4GB/8GB SLR5.
    We need a new tape drive cos our back-up process takes over 2.5 hour,
    with 400 kb/s. (we don't use compressed format).
    But recently we bought 50 piece of 4GB SLR-5 Cartridge. So we need a
    faster tape drive; at the same time it can read/write 4 GB SLR-5
    Cartridge. is there any tape drive like this?

  2. Re: IBM 4GB QIC COMPABILITY

    Binboa wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm from Turkey , I called IBM Turkey about this subject but they
    > couldn't help me properly.
    >
    > Our system is i-series 9406-270 and tape back-up unit is 4GB/8GB SLR5.
    > We need a new tape drive cos our back-up process takes over 2.5 hour,
    > with 400 kb/s. (we don't use compressed format).
    > But recently we bought 50 piece of 4GB SLR-5 Cartridge. So we need a
    > faster tape drive; at the same time it can read/write 4 GB SLR-5
    > Cartridge. is there any tape drive like this?

    Did you tried initializing with INZTAP DENSITY(*CTGTYPE) instead of
    *DEVTYPE that's the default?

    This link brings you to the Information Center 1/4" tape compatibility:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...erincompat.htm

    ii aksamlar