STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available - IBM AS400 ; Hi, This is just a short note to all who might be interested. I released replacement commands for STRDBG and ENDDBG for download from my Freeware page. "STRDBG is a powerful replacement for the original IBM STRDBG command. You do ...

  1. STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available

    Hi,

    This is just a short note to all who might be interested.

    I released replacement commands for STRDBG and ENDDBG for download from my Freeware page.

    "STRDBG is a powerful replacement for the original IBM STRDBG command. You do not need to distinguish
    between programs and service programs any longer. STRDBG automatically retrieves the object type and
    starts the debugger accordingly. Furthermore it is possible to specify the (batch) job you want to
    debug. STRDBG will prompt all matching jobs if the job name you specified is ambiguous. It then starts
    a service job for the selected job. Finally you can specify whether to start the debugger using 80 or
    132 character mode. A matching ENDDBG command will end the debugger as well as the service job that
    might have been started.

    Hint: For your convinience STRDBG and ENDDBG should be placed into a library before QSYS or renamed
    and copied to QGPL.

    Prerequisites:
    # BASICS1
    # LSTJOB"

    You can download STRDBG from here:

    http://www.tools400.de/English/Freew...utilities.html

    Thomas Raddatz.

  2. Re: STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available

    I can't get STRDBGR to compile at V5R1.

    It doesn't support the likeds keyword?

    Denny

    On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:18:13 +0100, Thomas Raddatz
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >This is just a short note to all who might be interested.
    >
    >I released replacement commands for STRDBG and ENDDBG for download from my Freeware page.
    >
    >"STRDBG is a powerful replacement for the original IBM STRDBG command. You do not need to distinguish
    >between programs and service programs any longer. STRDBG automatically retrieves the object type and
    >starts the debugger accordingly. Furthermore it is possible to specify the (batch) job you want to
    >debug. STRDBG will prompt all matching jobs if the job name you specified is ambiguous. It then starts
    >a service job for the selected job. Finally you can specify whether to start the debugger using 80 or
    >132 character mode. A matching ENDDBG command will end the debugger as well as the service job that
    >might have been started.
    >
    >Hint: For your convinience STRDBG and ENDDBG should be placed into a library before QSYS or renamed
    >and copied to QGPL.
    >
    >Prerequisites:
    ># BASICS1
    ># LSTJOB"
    >
    >You can download STRDBG from here:
    >
    > http://www.tools400.de/English/Freew...utilities.html
    >
    >Thomas Raddatz.

  3. Re: STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available

    Mea culpa! I should have mentioned that STRDBG/ENDDBG requires OS/400
    V5R2M0 or higher.

    Next week I have some days off. I then will have a look at
    STRDBG/ENDDBG to see whether it is possible to get it running on
    V5R1M0. I will let you know about it.

    Thomas.

    Denny schrieb:

    > I can't get STRDBGR to compile at V5R1.
    >
    > It doesn't support the likeds keyword?
    >
    > Denny
    >
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:18:13 +0100, Thomas Raddatz
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >This is just a short note to all who might be interested.
    > >
    > >I released replacement commands for STRDBG and ENDDBG for download from my Freeware page.
    > >
    > >"STRDBG is a powerful replacement for the original IBM STRDBG command. You do not need to distinguish
    > >between programs and service programs any longer. STRDBG automatically retrieves the object type and
    > >starts the debugger accordingly. Furthermore it is possible to specify the (batch) job you want to
    > >debug. STRDBG will prompt all matching jobs if the job name you specified is ambiguous. It then starts
    > >a service job for the selected job. Finally you can specify whether to start the debugger using 80 or
    > >132 character mode. A matching ENDDBG command will end the debugger as well as the service job that
    > >might have been started.
    > >
    > >Hint: For your convinience STRDBG and ENDDBG should be placed into a library before QSYS or renamed
    > >and copied to QGPL.
    > >
    > >Prerequisites:
    > ># BASICS1
    > ># LSTJOB"
    > >
    > >You can download STRDBG from here:
    > >
    > > http://www.tools400.de/English/Freew...utilities.html
    > >
    > >Thomas Raddatz.

  4. Re: STRDBG and ENDDBG replacements available

    I changed STRDBG/ENDDBG to be V5R1M0 compliant, today. The new version can be downloaded from my
    Freeware page.

    Thomas.

    Denny schrieb:
    > I can't get STRDBGR to compile at V5R1.
    >
    > It doesn't support the likeds keyword?
    >
    > Denny
    >
    > On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:18:13 +0100, Thomas Raddatz
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> This is just a short note to all who might be interested.
    >>
    >> I released replacement commands for STRDBG and ENDDBG for download from my Freeware page.
    >>
    >> "STRDBG is a powerful replacement for the original IBM STRDBG command. You do not need to distinguish
    >> between programs and service programs any longer. STRDBG automatically retrieves the object type and
    >> starts the debugger accordingly. Furthermore it is possible to specify the (batch) job you want to
    >> debug. STRDBG will prompt all matching jobs if the job name you specified is ambiguous. It then starts
    >> a service job for the selected job. Finally you can specify whether to start the debugger using 80 or
    >> 132 character mode. A matching ENDDBG command will end the debugger as well as the service job that
    >> might have been started.
    >>
    >> Hint: For your convinience STRDBG and ENDDBG should be placed into a library before QSYS or renamed
    >> and copied to QGPL.
    >>
    >> Prerequisites:
    >> # BASICS1
    >> # LSTJOB"