QSYSOPR monitor - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on QSYSOPR monitor - IBM AS400 ; Hi. I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with specific severity. I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to ...

  1. QSYSOPR monitor

    Hi.

    I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with
    specific severity.
    I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I
    need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to monitor all
    messages from severity 70 to 99.

    All I need is to get an email when such a message appear.
    Does anybody use any tool which can be usefull ?

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: QSYSOPR monitor

    can u share this tool?

    On 12月21日, 上午4时36分, "tomasz" wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with
    > specific severity.
    > I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I
    > need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to monitor all
    > messages from severity 70 to 99.
    >
    > All I need is to get an email when such a message appear.
    > Does anybody use any tool which can be usefull ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

  3. Re: QSYSOPR monitor

    Sure.
    I've found it at: http://www.rpgiv.org/QMSG.htm

    Regards,
    Tomasz

    snowcastle napisa艂(a):
    > can u share this tool?
    >
    > On 12鏈21鏃, 涓婂崍4鏃36鍒, "tomasz" wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with
    >> specific severity.
    >> I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I
    >> need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to monitor all
    >> messages from severity 70 to 99.
    >>
    >> All I need is to get an email when such a message appear.
    >> Does anybody use any tool which can be usefull ?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Tomasz

  4. Re: QSYSOPR monitor

    Hi Tomasz,

    You can have a 5 object version of syschecker - this will not check for
    specific msgs but it will tell you if you have a job in msgw - or a specific
    object not in a normal condotion.

    It is on www.freeas400software.com

    Good luck....
    "tomasz" wrote in message
    news:1166647003.732576.226820@79g2000cws.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with
    > specific severity.
    > I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I
    > need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to monitor all
    > messages from severity 70 to 99.
    >
    > All I need is to get an email when such a message appear.
    > Does anybody use any tool which can be usefull ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

  5. Re: QSYSOPR monitor

    All you need is a break message handler. I've written a couple of
    those; one to catch messages to my userprofile, and show them at the
    status line, and one to catch messages in a Save While Active
    environment.

    I've added the CL-code below. To activate it, you need to issue the
    command:

    CHGMSGQ MSGQ(MessageQ) DLVRY(*BREAK) PGM(YourLib/YourPgm)

    You can prompt the RCVMSG command in the SEU to see values you can
    retrieve. Severity is among them. What you need to do is use the
    information to send you email.

    /************************************************** *******************/
    /* System ...: UTIL/400 */
    /* Program ..: CBRKDSP */
    /* Text .....: Display messages in status line */
    /* */
    /* Programmer: Niels Steen Madsen */
    /* Created ..: 18.02.1994 */
    /************************************************** *******************/
    PGM PARM(&MSGQNM +
    &MSGQLB +
    &MSGREF)

    DCL VAR(&MSGREF) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(004)
    DCL VAR(&MSGQNM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(010)
    DCL VAR(&MSGQLB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(010)
    DCL VAR(&MSGDTA) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(132)

    RCVMSG MSGQ(&MSGQLB/&MSGQNM) MSGKEY(&MSGREF) +
    RMV(*NO) MSG(&MSGDTA)
    IF COND(&MSGDTA *EQ ' ') THEN(GOTO ENDPGM)

    SNDPGMMSG MSGID(UTL0006) MSGF(UTILLIB/UTILMSG) +
    MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) TOPGMQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*STATUS)
    MONMSG CPF0000

    ENDPGM: ENDPGM
    kev skrev:
    > Hi Tomasz,
    >
    > You can have a 5 object version of syschecker - this will not check for
    > specific msgs but it will tell you if you have a job in msgw - or a specific
    > object not in a normal condotion.
    >
    > It is on www.freeas400software.com
    >
    > Good luck....
    > "tomasz" wrote in message
    > news:1166647003.732576.226820@79g2000cws.googlegro ups.com...
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > I would like to monitor QSYSOPR message queue for messages with
    > > specific severity.
    > > I've found a free tool to monitor messages with 50 different ID's (I
    > > need to list them) but I guess it would be more usefull to monitor all
    > > messages from severity 70 to 99.
    > >
    > > All I need is to get an email when such a message appear.
    > > Does anybody use any tool which can be usefull ?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Tomasz

+ Reply to Thread