PDM question - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on PDM question - IBM AS400 ; If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete existing ...

  1. PDM question

    If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some
    changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to
    the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete
    existing member" prompt for every single member?

  2. Re: PDM question

    Don't know of any way but to create your own pdm option using F16
    which calls cpyf. It would look something like

    cpyf &l/&f frommbr(&n) tombr(&n) mbropt(*replace)

    put your option name on the members you want to copy and then on the
    command line type

    tofile(yourlib/yourfile)

    press enter.

    A better way is to create your own CL to do a move member (copy then
    remove member) and then call it from a custom PDM option.

    Denny

    On 19 Dec 2006 18:14:05 -0600, Scott Coffey wrote:

    >If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some
    >changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to
    >the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete
    >existing member" prompt for every single member?

  3. Re: PDM question

    ===> CPYF FROMFILE(FROMLIB/QRPGLESRC) TOFILE(TOLIB/QRPGLESRC) FROMMBR(*ALL)
    TOMR(*FROMMBR) MBROPT(*REPLACE)

    You don't have to copy it using PDM

    "Scott Coffey" wrote in message

    > If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some
    > changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to
    > the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete
    > existing member" prompt for every single member?

  4. Re: PDM question

    On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:58:23 -0500, "Bill" @cogeco.net>
    wrote:

    >===> CPYF FROMFILE(FROMLIB/QRPGLESRC) TOFILE(TOLIB/QRPGLESRC) FROMMBR(*ALL)
    >TOMR(*FROMMBR) MBROPT(*REPLACE)
    >
    >You don't have to copy it using PDM
    >

    >"Scott Coffey" wrote in message
    >>
    >> If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some
    >> changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to
    >> the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete
    >> existing member" prompt for every single member?

    Thanks for the replies Denny and Bill.

  5. Re: PDM question

    Also see Copy Source File (CPYSRCF). Far less parameters than CPYF, and
    gives you some options for source sequence numbers and date stamps.

    > On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:58:23 -0500, "Bill" @cogeco.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>===> CPYF FROMFILE(FROMLIB/QRPGLESRC) TOFILE(TOLIB/QRPGLESRC)
    >>FROMMBR(*ALL)
    >>TOMR(*FROMMBR) MBROPT(*REPLACE)
    >>
    >>You don't have to copy it using PDM
    >>

    >>"Scott Coffey" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> If I copy a bunch of members to an alternate library and make some
    >>> changes to those members, is there a way to copy those members back to
    >>> the original library without having to answer "Y" to the "Delete
    >>> existing member" prompt for every single member?

    > Thanks for the replies Denny and Bill.

+ Reply to Thread