HPLJ2840 and as400 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on HPLJ2840 and as400 - IBM AS400 ; Hello, Can someone tell me the correct settings to use a HPLJ2840 printer for an as400 machine? Thx, Johan...

  1. HPLJ2840 and as400

    Hello,

    Can someone tell me the correct settings to use a HPLJ2840 printer for
    an as400 machine?

    Thx,

    Johan

  2. Re: HPLJ2840 and as400

    hello_2you@hotmail.com schreef:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can someone tell me the correct settings to use a HPLJ2840 printer for
    > an as400 machine?
    >
    > Thx,
    >
    > Johan

    You'd have the choice of a device or a remote outq. Remote outq has some
    restrictions. Settings will slightly vary based on your choice (where to
    do the config). For personality LaserJet 5si would do most likely.
    Basically TRANSFORM(*YES), MFRTYPMDL(*WSCSTA4) and WSCST(QWPHP5SI) would
    be the combination to use. This will probably not get you color, but
    basic *SCS printing should be fine.

    When not using A4 but letter or legal paper change the MFRTYPMDL to the
    appropriate value (*WSCSTLETTER or *WSCSTLEGAL).

    --
    Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards,

    René H. Hartman
    www.hac-maarssen.nl