Receive file from host with system specs - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Receive file from host with system specs - IBM AS400 ; Hello! Some of our Windows 2003 servers apparently don't have "data transfer" correctly installed. When we choose "Receive file from host" in Client Access we would like to get this window: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8057/rightpw3.jpg On some of the servers that is okay ...

  1. Receive file from host with system specs

    Hello!

    Some of our Windows 2003 servers apparently don't have "data transfer"
    correctly installed. When we choose "Receive file from host" in Client
    Access we would like to get this window:

    http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8057/rightpw3.jpg

    On some of the servers that is okay but on some servers I get this
    window instead (hope you get the picture even though it's in Danish):

    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3018/wrongwb4.jpg

    The strange thing is that Client access was installed using the same
    package. I'm wondering where the information about our AS400 system in
    stored on the server.

    I've found this article:
    http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...5?OpenDocument
    but I can't seem to find any special .dtf file on the server - only the
    samp.dtf.

    However, I can see that "Receive file from host" is calling a
    PC5250$A.TTO file in the users's homedrive. The question is just why is
    that file not called on the servers where it doesn't "work"?

    Jimmy

  2. Re: Receive file from host with system specs

    je79ayps schreef:
    > Hello!
    >
    > Some of our Windows 2003 servers apparently don't have "data transfer"
    > correctly installed. When we choose "Receive file from host" in Client
    > Access we would like to get this window:
    >
    > http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8057/rightpw3.jpg
    >
    > On some of the servers that is okay but on some servers I get this
    > window instead (hope you get the picture even though it's in Danish):
    >
    > http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3018/wrongwb4.jpg
    >
    > The strange thing is that Client access was installed using the same
    > package. I'm wondering where the information about our AS400 system in
    > stored on the server.
    >
    > I've found this article:
    > http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...5?OpenDocument
    > but I can't seem to find any special .dtf file on the server - only the
    > samp.dtf.
    >
    > However, I can see that "Receive file from host" is calling a
    > PC5250$A.TTO file in the users's homedrive. The question is just why is
    > that file not called on the servers where it doesn't "work"?
    >
    > Jimmy

    IIRC you get the second screen if you did not select CA file transfer
    during installation of CA (I think it's not enabled on the default
    install; default install omits anything requiring a license. So most
    likely it does the default transfer type, which is ODBC (I think).

    Go to Selective Installation and verify the CA filtransfer option is
    selected.
    Cheers.

    --
    Vriendelijke groeten / Best regards,

    René H. Hartman
    www.hac-maarssen.nl

  3. Re: Receive file from host with system specs

    Hello René!

    René H. Hartman skrev:
    > IIRC you get the second screen if you did not select CA file transfer
    > during installation of CA (I think it's not enabled on the default
    > install; default install omits anything requiring a license. So most
    > likely it does the default transfer type, which is ODBC (I think).
    >
    > Go to Selective Installation and verify the CA filtransfer option is
    > selected.
    > Cheers.

    Thanks, that did the trick! Do you know exactly what CA files that are
    installed? I have 150 servers that I really don't want to go through
    manually if I can avoid this.

    Jimmy

+ Reply to Thread