Closing connection problem (V5R2) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Closing connection problem (V5R2) - IBM AS400 ; Hi. Can anybody tell me what such a message means?? : TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252 closed, reason code 2. and Message . . . . : TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252 closed, reason code 2. Cause . ...

  1. Closing connection problem (V5R2)

    Hi.

    Can anybody tell me what such a message means?? :

    TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252 closed, reason code 2.

    and

    Message . . . . : TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252
    closed,
    reason code 2.

    Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP connection to remote system
    62.87.131.252 has
    been closed. The connection was closed for reason code 2. Full
    connection
    details for the closed connection include:

    - local IP address is 195.216.98.108

    - local port is 23

    - remote IP address is 62.87.131.252

    - remote port is 2018

    Reason codes and their meanings follow:

    1 = TCP connection closed due to expiration of 10 minute FINWAIT2
    timer.
    2 = TCP connection closed due to R2 retry threshold being run.

    3 = TCP connection closed due to keepalive timeout.

    If TCPCNNMSG(*THRESHOLD) is defined for the Change TCP/IP Attributes
    (CHGTCPA)
    command then there could be additional connections that have closed
    within
    the threshold window. The number of additional TCP connections that
    have
    closed is 3.

    Recovery . . . : Informational message.

    ----------

    I'm not familliar with network administration.

    User with IP 62.87.131.252 (via VPN) complains that his telnet
    connection is closed very often.

    Regards,
    Tomasz

  2. Re: Closing connection problem (V5R2)

    tomasz wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > Can anybody tell me what such a message means?? :
    >
    > TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252 closed, reason code 2.
    >
    > and
    >
    > Message . . . . : TCP/IP connection to remote system 62.87.131.252
    > closed,
    > reason code 2.
    >

    > Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP connection to remote system
    > 62.87.131.252 has
    > been closed. The connection was closed for reason code 2. Full
    > connection
    > details for the closed connection include:
    >
    > - local IP address is 195.216.98.108
    >
    > - local port is 23
    >
    > - remote IP address is 62.87.131.252
    >
    > - remote port is 2018
    >
    > Reason codes and their meanings follow:
    >
    > 1 = TCP connection closed due to expiration of 10 minute FINWAIT2
    > timer.
    > 2 = TCP connection closed due to R2 retry threshold being run.
    >
    > 3 = TCP connection closed due to keepalive timeout.
    >
    > If TCPCNNMSG(*THRESHOLD) is defined for the Change TCP/IP Attributes
    > (CHGTCPA)
    > command then there could be additional connections that have closed
    > within
    > the threshold window. The number of additional TCP connections that
    > have
    > closed is 3.
    >
    > Recovery . . . : Informational message.
    >
    > ----------
    >
    > I'm not familliar with network administration.
    >
    > User with IP 62.87.131.252 (via VPN) complains that his telnet
    > connection is closed very often.
    >

    > Regards,
    > Tomasz

    Tomasz,

    Follow this link for a better description of this message and a
    possible cause:
    http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...4?OpenDocument

    Was the user attempting to print at the time of the disconnect?

    Carl.

+ Reply to Thread