Determine last save date for IFS objects? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Determine last save date for IFS objects? - IBM AS400 ; Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?...

  1. Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

  2. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    On 13 Dec 2006 17:56:01 -0600, Scott Coffey wrote:

    >Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    >date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

  3. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    Scott Coffey writes:

    > Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    > date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

    If an IFS object is a file, then the qsh command

    ls -lt filename

    should show it.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  4. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

    > Scott Coffey writes:
    >
    > > Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    > > date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

    > If an IFS object is a file, then the qsh command
    >
    > ls -lt filename
    >
    > should show it.
    > --
    > Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

    According to the manual I have that shows the last modified date. It
    dosnt show any method of finding what you want.

    Jonathan.

  5. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    "Jonathan Bailey" writes:

    > > > Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    > > > date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

    > According to the manual I have that shows the last modified date. It
    > dosnt show any method of finding what you want.

    For an IFS _file_ (in the Unix sense) the last modification date is
    the last time it was modified, e.g. by saving to it.

    It appears therefore I have misunderstood your question. My bad.
    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  6. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    On 18 Dec 2006 03:02:03 -0800, "Jonathan Bailey"
    wrote:

    >Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
    >
    >> Scott Coffey writes:
    >>
    >> > Is there a command similar to DSPOBJD that will show the last save
    >> > date/time and possibly volume ID of an IFS object?

    >> If an IFS object is a file, then the qsh command
    >>
    >> ls -lt filename
    >>
    >> should show it.
    >> --
    >> Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

    >According to the manual I have that shows the last modified date. It
    >dosnt show any method of finding what you want.
    >
    >Jonathan.

    So..... no way to determine the last time an object in the IFS was
    saved? Or to what volume/media type? This isn't good...

  7. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    Scott Coffey wrote:

    > On 18 Dec 2006 03:02:03 -0800, "Jonathan Bailey"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

    > >> If an IFS object is a file, then the qsh command
    > >>
    > >> ls -lt filename
    > >>
    > >> should show it.
    > >> --
    > >> Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

    > >According to the manual I have that shows the last modified date. It
    > >dosnt show any method of finding what you want.
    > >
    > >Jonathan.

    > So..... no way to determine the last time an object in the IFS was
    > saved? Or to what volume/media type? This isn't good...

    I dont think so. Maybe if you use something like BRM to do your saves
    the information will be available there otherwise you will have to
    either find an exit program entry for save where you can record the
    info yourself or just be organised & maintain the data yourself.
    Bad luck - maybe IBM have a wishlist you can get added onto? A few
    dollars may get you higher up the list

    Jonathan.

  8. Re: Determine last save date for IFS objects?

    On 20 Dec 2006 03:01:23 -0800, "Jonathan Bailey"
    wrote:

    >Scott Coffey wrote:
    >
    >> On 18 Dec 2006 03:02:03 -0800, "Jonathan Bailey"
    >> wrote:

    >> >According to the manual I have that shows the last modified date. It
    >> >dosnt show any method of finding what you want.
    >> >
    >> >Jonathan.

    >> So..... no way to determine the last time an object in the IFS was
    >> saved? Or to what volume/media type? This isn't good...

    >I dont think so. Maybe if you use something like BRM to do your saves
    >the information will be available there otherwise you will have to
    >either find an exit program entry for save where you can record the
    >info yourself or just be organised & maintain the data yourself.
    >Bad luck - maybe IBM have a wishlist you can get added onto? A few
    >dollars may get you higher up the list

    LOL. IBM has received enough of my dollars over the last 30 years.
    They should be paying *me* for promoting their products for so long.

+ Reply to Thread