Protect selected subfile lines - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Protect selected subfile lines - IBM AS400 ; Is it possible to protect specific lines of a subfile? Example I want to preload a subfile with 3 lines of text that the user cannot backup and change. Thanks, Pen...

  1. Protect selected subfile lines

    Is it possible to protect specific lines of a subfile? Example I want
    to preload a subfile with 3 lines of text that the user cannot backup
    and change.

    Thanks,

    Pen

  2. Re: Protect selected subfile lines

    Pen wrote:
    > Is it possible to protect specific lines of a subfile? Example I want
    > to preload a subfile with 3 lines of text that the user cannot backup
    > and change.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Pen

    Yes, conditionally protect DSPATR(PR) the fields in the subfile record.

    GB

  3. Re: Protect selected subfile lines

    "GB" wrote in message
    > Pen wrote:
    > > Is it possible to protect specific lines of a subfile? Example I want
    > > to preload a subfile with 3 lines of text that the user cannot backup
    > > and change.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Pen
    > >

    > Yes, conditionally protect DSPATR(PR) the fields in the subfile record.
    >
    > GB

    Or, specify the fields as output only in the first place, negating the need
    to protect them.

  4. Re: Protect selected subfile lines

    Dave Shoff wrote:

    > Or, specify the fields as output only in the first place, negating the need
    > to protect them.

    If you want ALL the subfile records to be protected/output then yes. If
    you want it to be selected lines, then the fields must be declared as
    BOTH and conditionally PROTECTED...

    GB

+ Reply to Thread