DDS and messages - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on DDS and messages - IBM AS400 ; Hi group, I know it seems to be a little strange but... is there any way to send a message on bottom of the screen of 5250 session each time new display is sent to the client.(without changing DDS if ...

  1. DDS and messages

    Hi group,

    I know it seems to be a little strange but...
    is there any way to send a message on bottom of the screen of 5250 session
    each time new display is sent to the client.(without changing DDS if
    possible)?
    Some exit point maybe?!

    Thanks,
    Niko.

  2. Re: DDS and messages

    How about using message subfile. Would require you to change the dds once or
    always display an error message when you first display the screen format.
    What kind of message are you taling about?

    Bill
    "niko" wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I know it seems to be a little strange but...
    > is there any way to send a message on bottom of the screen of 5250 session
    > each time new display is sent to the client.(without changing DDS if
    > possible)?
    > Some exit point maybe?!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Niko.

  3. Re: DDS and messages

    I am speaking on some kind of information ticker, but I found another way so
    this is not
    important any more.

    Thanks for reply.

    Niko.