SRC Code B424 4285 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on SRC Code B424 4285 - IBM AS400 ; Greetings all, I had a model 170 running V5R1 fail over the weekend with SRC B424 4285, an IPL sorted out the problem but I was unable to find the SRC code in any of my reference books or on ...

  1. SRC Code B424 4285

    Greetings all,

    I had a model 170 running V5R1 fail over the weekend with SRC B424
    4285, an IPL sorted out the problem but I was unable to find the SRC
    code in any of my reference books or on the IBM web site.

    Does anyone know what this SRC represents?

    Many Thanks, Brad

  2. Re: SRC Code B424 4285

    Brad wrote:
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > I had a model 170 running V5R1 fail over the weekend with SRC B424
    > 4285, an IPL sorted out the problem but I was unable to find the SRC
    > code in any of my reference books or on the IBM web site.
    >
    > Does anyone know what this SRC represents?

    According to the 170/250 Problem Analysis, Repair and
    Parts guide, it's a card enclosure or "backplane". The
    failing item is 'PROBACK', in location M01.

    http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/ht...f/y4459653.pdf

  3. Re: SRC Code B424 4285

    Many thanks, Brad

+ Reply to Thread