record lock wait time - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on record lock wait time - IBM AS400 ; What is the default wait time for a record lock? Can this be over-ridden at the program level or job level? For instance, if I chain to a record in the Item Master file and another user already has it ...

  1. record lock wait time

    What is the default wait time for a record lock? Can this be
    over-ridden at the program level or job level? For instance, if I
    chain to a record in the Item Master file and another user already has
    it locked, I have a record lock display program that will tell the
    person who has the record locked, but it takes about a minute before
    that display appears. I am thinking if someone has the record locked
    already for maintenance, I would only like to wait 10-15 seconds
    instead of a full minute.

    thanks,
    ga
    George Applegate
    gappleg8@fscoop.com

  2. Re: record lock wait time

    ga ha scritto:
    > What is the default wait time for a record lock? Can this be
    > over-ridden at the program level or job level? For instance, if I
    > chain to a record in the Item Master file and another user already has
    > it locked, I have a record lock display program that will tell the
    > person who has the record locked, but it takes about a minute before
    > that display appears. I am thinking if someone has the record locked
    > already for maintenance, I would only like to wait 10-15 seconds
    > instead of a full minute.
    >
    > thanks,
    > ga
    > George Applegate
    > gappleg8@fscoop.com

    The default is 60 seconds

  3. Re: record lock wait time

    ga wrote:
    > What is the default wait time for a record lock? Can this be
    > over-ridden at the program level or job level?

    yes. use the WAITRCD parm of the OVRDBF or CHGPF command.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread