Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS - IBM AS400 ; Hi Every one, I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a folder under Root directory. Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system as one of network ...

  1. Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS

    Hi Every one,

    I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a
    folder under Root directory.

    Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system
    as one of network drive.
    I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am
    getting error as "Path not found" .

    Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then
    objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True
    End If
    objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username,
    Password
    objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya
    Set objFSOFN = Nothing
    Set objNetwork = Nothing

    Could you please advice what to do the next thing?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS

    Does the error or anything show the path you're using? Maybe spit out
    some debug statements that show the completed built path on the iSeries
    and the PC.

    Vandy wrote:
    > Hi Every one,
    >
    > I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a
    > folder under Root directory.
    >
    > Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system
    > as one of network drive.
    > I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am
    > getting error as "Path not found" .
    >
    > Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    > If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then
    > objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True
    > End If
    > objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username,
    > Password
    > objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya
    > Set objFSOFN = Nothing
    > Set objNetwork = Nothing
    >
    > Could you please advice what to do the next thing?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Problem on Copying the files to As400 IFS

    Thank you.

    Its worked. I just tried with the Drive letter for the destination as
    "W:\" and it went through.

    Thank you very much.

    Bradley V. Stone wrote:
    > Does the error or anything show the path you're using? Maybe spit out
    > some debug statements that show the completed built path on the iSeries
    > and the PC.
    >
    > Vandy wrote:
    > > Hi Every one,
    > >
    > > I am trying to copy the PDF files from PC to As400 IFS system to a
    > > folder under Root directory.
    > >
    > > Thru VB script( script is attached below) I am mapping the As400 system
    > > as one of network drive.
    > > I could able to map the drive. But while copying the files to IFS, I am
    > > getting error as "Path not found" .
    > >
    > > Set objFSOFN = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    > > Set objNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    > > If objFSOFN.DriveExists(DriveLetter) Then
    > > objNetwork.RemoveNetworkDrive DriveLetter, True, True
    > > End If
    > > objNetwork.MapNetworkDrive DriveLetter, Path, False, Username,
    > > Password
    > > objFSOFN.CopyFile txtFiletobeupload, strcopya
    > > Set objFSOFN = Nothing
    > > Set objNetwork = Nothing
    > >
    > > Could you please advice what to do the next thing?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread