Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656) - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656) - IBM AS400 ; Hello, I try to connect to a as400 with client acces with the emulator program. But when i do this i get the message "Connection made with server/host on remote through port 23" followed by a message "Hostname not supplied ...

  1. Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Hello,

    I try to connect to a as400 with client acces with the emulator
    program. But when i do this i get the message "Connection made with
    server/host on remote through port 23" followed by a message
    "Hostname not supplied or not found" and a code 656 appears on the
    bottom of the screen.

    I can use the os400 navigator program with the hostname and i can ping
    to the hostname and i get the correct ipnumber. So i think the hostname
    is well known.

    What can be the problem that only the emulator does not work?

    Thx,

    Johan

  2. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    1. Are you using IBM's emaulation prgram ?

    2. What release are you at ?

    3. From emulation session, click "Communcations", "configure". Is the
    host name entered, and correct?

    4. Is telnet started on the iSeries ? Are others connecting ok ?

  3. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    1. Are you using IBM's emaulation prgram ?
    2. What release are you at ?

    AS/400 Client Access Express for Windows Version 5 Release 1

    > 3. From emulation session, click "Communcations", "configure". Is the
    > host name entered, and correct?

    Yes the hostname is entered

    4. Is telnet started on the iSeries ? Are others connecting ok ?

    Telnet is started when i look in the operation navigator. This is the
    first connection with a windows pc.

  4. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Does your firewall block port 23 ?

    -- Peter

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1165427896.542717.3670@80g2000cwy.googlegroup s.com...

    > 1. Are you using IBM's emaulation prgram ?
    > 2. What release are you at ?
    >
    > AS/400 Client Access Express for Windows Version 5 Release 1
    >
    >> 3. From emulation session, click "Communcations", "configure". Is the
    >> host name entered, and correct?

    > Yes the hostname is entered
    >
    > 4. Is telnet started on the iSeries ? Are others connecting ok ?
    >
    > Telnet is started when i look in the operation navigator. This is the
    > first connection with a windows pc.

  5. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    I don't think so, is there some way i can check this?

  6. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Depends on your firewall ... so you have to ask your administrator.

    But you should also check TCP Port Restrictions ("CFGTCP" / Selection 4) !

    And try "TELNET 23" - if this works, you have a problem with your
    CA/400-Installation on the PC.

    Good luck !

    -- Peter

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1165437032.327394.265170@80g2000cwy.googlegro ups.com...
    >I don't think so, is there some way i can check this?

  7. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Telnet is not blocked

    There are no TCP port restrictions

    If i type telnet 23 in a "cmd" box, i get a black screen.
    As soon as i type a key, i get the usual cmd prompt again

  8. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Check sysval QAUTOCFG and QAUTOVRT.
    QAUTOCFG should be "1", and QAUTOVRT "*NOMAX"

    Good luck

    -- Peter

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1165573017.634803.188870@j72g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Telnet is not blocked
    >
    > There are no TCP port restrictions
    >
    > If i type telnet 23 in a "cmd" box, i get a black screen.
    > As soon as i type a key, i get the usual cmd prompt again

  9. Re: Client acces 400 emulator does not work (code 656)

    Thank you so much, that was the long awaited answer

    QAUTOVRT value was 0, setting it to "*NOMAX" did the trick

    Thanks!!!

+ Reply to Thread