Synon/2E, Program Data Structure and Undefined Fields - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Synon/2E, Program Data Structure and Undefined Fields - IBM AS400 ; Hi All, we maintain a legacy Synon/2E (aka Cool:2E, etc) system. As a result of a recent disk fault I am attempting to move the system onto another AS400. After restoring the model library I applied model changes (going from ...

  1. Synon/2E, Program Data Structure and Undefined Fields

    Hi All, we maintain a legacy Synon/2E (aka Cool:2E, etc) system. As a
    result of a recent disk fault I am attempting to move the system onto
    another AS400. After restoring the model library I applied model
    changes (going from an earlier version to 6.2) which resulted in the
    '*Job exec start date' field being renamed from EDT to ED7 and the
    '*Job submit/start date' field being renamed from SDT to SD7. To check
    everything still works I created a test file and tried to compile a
    Prompt Record function. If I include the Generation library in the
    model library list the ED7 and SD7 fields are not included in the
    Program data structure and the compile fails due to ED7 and SD7 being
    undefined. If I remove the Generation library from the model library
    list the ED7 and SD7 fields are included in the Program data structure
    but the compile fails due to the Generation library not being in the
    library list. Does anyone have any ideas how I might resolve this?

  2. Re: Synon/2E, Program Data Structure and Undefined Fields

    Hi Kev,
    Try to discuss and get help at the Edge 2E user group. It is free of
    charge (you need to create an account), and indeed there will be some
    colleague able to help you.
    Try it at http://www.edgeusergroup.org/forums/...cfm?CFApp=82?&
    With regards

    Jorge Ubeda

    Kev ha escrito:

    > Hi All, we maintain a legacy Synon/2E (aka Cool:2E, etc) system. As a
    > result of a recent disk fault I am attempting to move the system onto
    > another AS400. After restoring the model library I applied model
    > changes (going from an earlier version to 6.2) which resulted in the
    > '*Job exec start date' field being renamed from EDT to ED7 and the
    > '*Job submit/start date' field being renamed from SDT to SD7. To check
    > everything still works I created a test file and tried to compile a
    > Prompt Record function. If I include the Generation library in the
    > model library list the ED7 and SD7 fields are not included in the
    > Program data structure and the compile fails due to ED7 and SD7 being
    > undefined. If I remove the Generation library from the model library
    > list the ED7 and SD7 fields are included in the Program data structure
    > but the compile fails due to the Generation library not being in the
    > library list. Does anyone have any ideas how I might resolve this?

  3. Re: Synon/2E, Program Data Structure and Undefined Fields

    Hi Jorge,
    Many thanks for the advice and the link.

    Kev

    jeubeda wrote:
    > Hi Kev,
    > Try to discuss and get help at the Edge 2E user group. It is free of
    > charge (you need to create an account), and indeed there will be some
    > colleague able to help you.
    > Try it at http://www.edgeusergroup.org/forums/...cfm?CFApp=82?&
    > With regards
    >
    > Jorge Ubeda
    >
    > Kev ha escrito:
    >
    > > Hi All, we maintain a legacy Synon/2E (aka Cool:2E, etc) system. As a
    > > result of a recent disk fault I am attempting to move the system onto
    > > another AS400. After restoring the model library I applied model
    > > changes (going from an earlier version to 6.2) which resulted in the
    > > '*Job exec start date' field being renamed from EDT to ED7 and the
    > > '*Job submit/start date' field being renamed from SDT to SD7. To check
    > > everything still works I created a test file and tried to compile a
    > > Prompt Record function. If I include the Generation library in the
    > > model library list the ED7 and SD7 fields are not included in the
    > > Program data structure and the compile fails due to ED7 and SD7 being
    > > undefined. If I remove the Generation library from the model library
    > > list the ED7 and SD7 fields are included in the Program data structure
    > > but the compile fails due to the Generation library not being in the
    > > library list. Does anyone have any ideas how I might resolve this?

+ Reply to Thread