Konica 2300 DL - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Konica 2300 DL - IBM AS400 ; Hi, I need to send output from an AS/400 to a remote printer, a Konica 2300 DL. I have set up the outq with the required IP address, but everything just goes to SEND status and never prints. I cannot ...

  1. Konica 2300 DL

    Hi,
    I need to send output from an AS/400 to a remote printer, a Konica 2300
    DL.
    I have set up the outq with the required IP address, but everything
    just goes to SEND status and never prints.
    I cannot find the correct requirements for the Remote printer queue,
    Manufacturer type and model and Workstation customizing object
    parameters.
    Has anyone out there managed to do this, if so could they please let me
    know what I need to set them to?
    Many thanks,
    Jim

  2. Re: Konica 2300 DL

    james.mciver@virgin.net wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need to send output from an AS/400 to a remote printer, a Konica 2300
    > DL.
    > I have set up the outq with the required IP address, but everything
    > just goes to SEND status and never prints.
    > I cannot find the correct requirements for the Remote printer queue,
    > Manufacturer type and model and Workstation customizing object
    > parameters.
    > Has anyone out there managed to do this, if so could they please let me
    > know what I need to set them to?
    > Many thanks,
    > Jim

    Hello Jim

    look at the technical description of this printer, we have find out,
    that this printer
    works with the GDI mode and do not support PCL.
    You can try to attach this printer with the Client Access Printer
    Emulation function.
    Hope this helps.

    Regards
    Martin

  3. Re: Konica 2300 DL

    Martin wrote:

    Hello Jim

    another information, very helpfull

    look at following documentation from IBM skill base for remote printing

    you can find it with google using searching arguments: konica +2300
    +iseries

    www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/0/4b2576f82af70d80862569c1007a491d?OpenDocument

    regards
    Martin

  4. Re: Konica 2300 DL

    Many thanks, I've now found another printer that I can send stuff to!
    Cheers,
    Jim
    Martin wrote:
    > Martin wrote:
    >
    > Hello Jim
    >
    > another information, very helpfull
    >
    > look at following documentation from IBM skill base for remote printing
    >
    > you can find it with google using searching arguments: konica +2300
    > +iseries
    >
    > www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/0/4b2576f82af70d80862569c1007a491d?OpenDocument
    >

    > regards
    > Martin

+ Reply to Thread