QSYSOPR break-handler program in restricted state - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on QSYSOPR break-handler program in restricted state - IBM AS400 ; Hi All, I have a break-handler program allocated to QSYSOPR but when a full system backup is scheduled (GO SAVE OPT 21), it won't submit because of the break-handler allocated to QSYSOPR. Is it possible to continue to have the ...

  1. QSYSOPR break-handler program in restricted state

    Hi All,

    I have a break-handler program allocated to QSYSOPR but when a full system
    backup is scheduled (GO SAVE OPT 21), it won't submit because of the
    break-handler allocated to QSYSOPR. Is it possible to continue to have the
    break-handler allocated during restricted state (i.e. is there an additional
    parameter I can add to CHGMSQ when the break-handler is allocated)? Thanks
    in advance.

    Tony

  2. Re: QSYSOPR break-handler program in restricted state

    Anthony LaMark wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a break-handler program allocated to QSYSOPR but when a full system
    > backup is scheduled (GO SAVE OPT 21), it won't submit because of the
    > break-handler allocated to QSYSOPR. Is it possible to continue to have the
    > break-handler allocated during restricted state (i.e. is there an additional
    > parameter I can add to CHGMSQ when the break-handler is allocated)? Thanks
    > in advance.
    >
    > Tony

    There are problems when putting a break handler on the QSYSOPR msgq.
    and as I discovered after the code was written, IBM documentation says
    not to do it:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....32212e3675cd46

    but basically, the break handling job could not run because no jobs can
    run when the system is in restricted state.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread