Commands allowed when limited capabilities is set to *PARTIAL - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Commands allowed when limited capabilities is set to *PARTIAL - IBM AS400 ; I been going over some posts and different red books looking for this answer so I figure I ask you guys: 1) If a profile has limited capabilities set to *PARTIAL. Can they call the same commands as if they ...

  1. Commands allowed when limited capabilities is set to *PARTIAL

    I been going over some posts and different red books looking for this
    answer so I figure I ask you guys:

    1) If a profile has limited capabilities set to *PARTIAL. Can they call
    the same commands as if they had limited capabilities set to *NO? Or is
    there a specific list of commands they can call?

  2. Re: Commands allowed when limited capabilities is set to *PARTIAL

    > 1) If a profile has limited capabilities set to *PARTIAL. Can they call
    > the same commands as if they had limited capabilities set to *NO? Or is
    > there a specific list of commands they can call?

    If you prompt any command, then put the cursor on the parameter concerned,
    then press F1, you will get help text for the parameter. This will work for
    all IBM supplied commands. Doing so with the parameter you have mentioned
    provides the following text:-

    *NO
    The program, menu, and current library values can be changed
    when the user signs on the system. Users can change the initial
    program, initial menu, current library, or Attention key
    handling program values in their user profiles by using the
    Change Profile (CHGPRF) command.

    *PARTIAL
    The program and current library cannot be changed from the
    sign-on display. The initial menu can be changed and commands
    can be run from any command line. A user can change the initial
    menu value by using the Change Profile (CHGPRF) command.

    *YES
    The program, menu, and current library values cannot be changed
    from the sign-on display. Commands cannot be run when issued
    from a command line or by selecting an option from a command
    grouping menu such as CMDADD, but can still be run from a
    command entry screen. The user cannot change the initial
    program, the initial menu, the current library, or the ATTN key
    handling program by using the Change Profile (CHGPRF) command.

    If you have already discovered the above, please accept my apologies.

    With regards to the commands, there is no restriction on the commands, just
    how and where they can be run i.e. not from the command line.

    HTH

    GB

  3. Re: Commands allowed when limited capabilities is set to *PARTIAL

    cruesta@gmail.com wrote:
    > I been going over some posts and different red books looking for this
    > answer so I figure I ask you guys:
    >

    > 1) If a profile has limited capabilities set to *PARTIAL. Can they call
    > the same commands as if they had limited capabilities set to *NO? Or is
    > there a specific list of commands they can call?

    Of further note. If you look at a command (using DSPCMD), you will see
    a field saying "Allow limited user". This value determines whether a
    user with limited capabilities set to *YES can run the command or not.

+ Reply to Thread