IPDS printer with error msg PQT1012 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on IPDS printer with error msg PQT1012 - IBM AS400 ; I have the following message when I print to my IPDS printer. My i520 is new with basic OS installed. Can I know what are the licensed program I need to buy? Message I D . . .: PQT1012 s ...

  1. IPDS printer with error msg PQT1012

    I have the following message when I print to my IPDS printer. My i520 is new
    with basic OS installed. Can I know what are the licensed program I need to
    buy?

    Message I D . . .: PQT1012 s e v e r i t y . . . . . . . : 99

    Message type . .: I n q u i r y

    Date sent . : 08/05/06 ~ i m e s e n t . . 11:55:47

    : The grace period for using PSF/400 without paying for it will expire in 71
    days on 10/14/06 (G)

    Cause . . Device PRT04 t o which the writer was started is configured

    AFP(*YES) in the printer device description, and the correct print services

    F a c i l i t y / 4 0 0 feature o f OS/400 i s not licensed. You have 71
    days l e f t t o us

    t h i s product without a l i c e n s e . The grace period f o r using
    PSF/400 without

    a license w i 11 expi re on 10/14/06.

  2. Re: IPDS printer with error msg PQT1012

    Hing,
    on a command line type "GO LICPGM" & hit enter. On the next screen
    type '10' and hit enter to display the installed licensed programs. I
    would looks for "Facility/400" in the Description column and get it's
    number from the Licensed Programs column.

    peace
    that 1 guy

  3. Re: IPDS printer with error msg PQT1012

    This message is indicating you do not have a license for one of the
    PSF/400 options of the operating system. The options for PSF are:

    5722SS1 36 1-45 ipm printers, 5722SS1 37 1-100 ipm printers, or 5722SS1
    38 unlimited speed. FYI, ipm = impressions per minute or essentially
    pages per minute.

    Contact your BP or IBM service representative and they can get you
    hooked up with the right person to take care of the licensing. Or you
    need to reconfigure your printer to not be a *IPDS printer. Printer
    configuration information be found in the iSeries Information Center
    (V5R3 or later versions), and the iSeries Software Knowledge DB entries.

    --
    Rodney A Johnson
    Technical Team Lead for i5/OS (AS/400) Spool

    my employer, IBM. All responsibility for the statements
    sender.

+ Reply to Thread