CRTCMOD equivalent to Option(*SRCSTMT) of CRTRPGMOD - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on CRTCMOD equivalent to Option(*SRCSTMT) of CRTRPGMOD - IBM AS400 ; How do I get CRTCMOD to generate source statement numbers for debugging that match the statement number in the source member? The equivalent of CRTRPGMOD Option(*SRCSTMT) ? It is not just the debugger where I want the statement number to ...

  1. CRTCMOD equivalent to Option(*SRCSTMT) of CRTRPGMOD

    How do I get CRTCMOD to generate source statement numbers for debugging
    that match the statement number in the source member? The equivalent
    of CRTRPGMOD Option(*SRCSTMT) ?

    It is not just the debugger where I want the statement number to align
    with the source stmt. When I use WRKJOB to display the call stack, the
    Statement column shows a statement number that is local to the
    procedure, not the module.

    thanks,

    -Steve

  2. Re: CRTCMOD equivalent to Option(*SRCSTMT) of CRTRPGMOD

    Steve, see answers below.

    Steve Richter wrote:
    > How do I get CRTCMOD to generate source statement numbers for debugging
    > that match the statement number in the source member? The equivalent
    > of CRTRPGMOD Option(*SRCSTMT) ?

    It's been too long since I last wrote RPG to remember how RPG presents
    it's debug statements. With CRTCMOD, set the DBGVIEW parameter to
    *SOURCE or *ALL, I use *ALL. Bring up debug and, if you specified
    *ALL, use F15 to swiltch your debug view to source.

    > It is not just the debugger where I want the statement number to align
    > with the source stmt. When I use WRKJOB to display the call stack, the
    > Statement column shows a statement number that is local to the
    > procedure, not the module.

    Yah, this one takes a little work. You have to set the OUTPUT
    parameter to *PRINT or provide a stream file name, this produces a
    listing. Use the listing to locate the function for which you want the
    source number and find the statement number. The statement numbers are
    just to the left of the code and the source line numbers are to the far
    left.

    > thanks,
    >
    > -Steve

    Repost if you need additional clarification.

    Mike

+ Reply to Thread