How can i check wich obj was not restored?? - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on How can i check wich obj was not restored?? - IBM AS400 ; Hello. To test my backup , i had restored 1-2 LIB for tape in a TESLIB. with the command : RSTLIB SAVLIB(XXX) DEV(TAPE) RSTLIB(TESTLIB). i HAVE THE MSG: CPF3773...500 OBJ RESTORED .1 OBJECT NOT RESTORED............. HOW CAN I CHECK WHICH ...

  1. How can i check wich obj was not restored??

    Hello.

    To test my backup , i had restored 1-2 LIB for tape in a TESLIB.

    with the command : RSTLIB SAVLIB(XXX) DEV(TAPE) RSTLIB(TESTLIB).

    i HAVE THE MSG: CPF3773...500 OBJ RESTORED .1 OBJECT NOT
    RESTORED.............

    HOW CAN I CHECK WHICH OBJ WAS NOT RESTORED AND ESPECIALLY WHY???

    THANKS.

  2. Re: How can i check wich obj was not restored??

    marsias wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > To test my backup , i had restored 1-2 LIB for tape in a TESLIB.
    >
    > with the command : RSTLIB SAVLIB(XXX) DEV(TAPE) RSTLIB(TESTLIB).
    >
    > i HAVE THE MSG: CPF3773...500 OBJ RESTORED .1 OBJECT NOT
    > RESTORED.............
    >
    > HOW CAN I CHECK WHICH OBJ WAS NOT RESTORED AND ESPECIALLY WHY???

    Usually you should check joblog, for any unrestored object you have a
    message. Or you can use OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(xxx/xxx) parameters on
    rst command, the output file will have the same format of QSYS/QASRRSTO
    file, for any object thet didn't restore you find the message ID in
    RSOMSG field, that tells you why.