Referential & Check Constraint Error Handling in ILE Need Help - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Referential & Check Constraint Error Handling in ILE Need Help - IBM AS400 ; I have so far never used Referential Integrity. I have been working through examples in the DB2 UDB (sg244249.pdf) guide. I can see that errors can occur. How would I handle a Check Constraint error in an ILE program? I'm ...

  1. Referential & Check Constraint Error Handling in ILE Need Help

    I have so far never used Referential Integrity. I have been working
    through examples in the DB2 UDB (sg244249.pdf) guide. I can see that
    errors can occur. How would I handle a Check Constraint error in an
    ILE program? I'm getting blue in the face trying to find examples or
    text in an IBM reference guide of some sort to help me and so far
    cannot find anything. Anyone have suggestions of where to look to find
    info on how to handle errors in an ILE program? Is this something that
    I should just know?

    thanx in advance
    that 1 guy

  2. Re: Referential & Check Constraint Error Handling in ILE Need Help

    Sorry for this posting all. I just found chap. 12 in the ILE RPG for
    AS/400 Programmer's Guide that deals with Exception Handling. I will
    read this and hopefully gain my knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread