Problems getting strdbg to work - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on Problems getting strdbg to work - IBM AS400 ; I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg malloctst" I get: Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE. Dump output directed to ...

  1. Problems getting strdbg to work

    I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program
    module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg
    malloctst" I get:
    Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE.
    Dump output directed to spooled file 10, job 117072/MQMADMIN/LVC70S1
    created on system CANON400 on 11/02/06 12:13:36.

    My AS/400 admin has no idea what's wrong. TIA.

  2. Re: Problems getting strdbg to work

    rtsujimoto_consult...@cusa.canon.com wrote:
    > I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program
    > module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg
    > malloctst" I get:
    > Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE.
    > Dump output directed to spooled file 10, job 117072/MQMADMIN/LVC70S1
    > created on system CANON400 on 11/02/06 12:13:36.
    >
    > My AS/400 admin has no idea what's wrong. TIA.

    you might have a customized version of the STRDBG command. Signoff and
    sign back on again.

    try: qsys/strdbg malloctst

    run the command DSPCMD STRDBG

    what displays should match this:
    Display Command Information

    Command . . . . . . . : STRDBG Library . . . . . . . :
    QSYS

    Program to process command . . . . . . : QTECNTDB

    Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS

    State used to call program . . . . . : *SYSTEM

    Source file . . . . . . . . . . . . . : S000028858

    Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QTEMP

    Source file member . . . . . . . . . . : STRDBG

    Validity checking program . . . . . . : *NONE

    Mode(s) in which valid . . . . . . . . : *PROD

    Where allowed to run . . . . . . . . . : *IMOD *BMOD
    *IREXX
    *BREXX *BPGM *IPGM

    *EXEC *INTERACT
    *BATCH
    Allow limited user . . . . . . . . . . : *NO

    Maximum positional parameters . . . . : 1

    Message file for prompt text . . . . . : QCPFPMT

    Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QDEVELOP

  3. Re: Problems getting strdbg to work

    rtsujimoto_consultant@cusa.canon.com wrote:
    > I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program
    > module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg
    > malloctst" I get:
    > Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE.
    > Dump output directed to spooled file 10, job 117072/MQMADMIN/LVC70S1
    > created on system CANON400 on 11/02/06 12:13:36.
    >
    > My AS/400 admin has no idea what's wrong. TIA.

    Even if you get STRDBG to work, you might want to check out the System
    Debugger (graphical). It has some features not available with STRDBG.
    Some links from google:
    http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo032703-story04.html
    http://www.metromidrange.org/iSeries...20Debugger.ppt
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rzamqmain.htm

    --
    Karl Hanson

  4. Re: Problems getting strdbg to work

    Karl Hanson wrote:
    > rtsujimoto_consultant@cusa.canon.com wrote:
    > > I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program
    > > module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg
    > > malloctst" I get:
    > > Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE.
    > > Dump output directed to spooled file 10, job 117072/MQMADMIN/LVC70S1
    > > created on system CANON400 on 11/02/06 12:13:36.
    > >
    > > My AS/400 admin has no idea what's wrong. TIA.
    > >

    > Even if you get STRDBG to work, you might want to check out the System
    > Debugger (graphical). It has some features not available with STRDBG.
    > Some links from google:
    > http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo032703-story04.html
    > http://www.metromidrange.org/iSeries...20Debugger.ppt
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rzamqmain.htm
    >
    > --
    > Karl Hanson

    Steve,

    I signed-off/on and issued qsys/strdbg malloctst and it displayed the
    debugger. Time to talk to my AS/400 admin. Thanks again to all
    repliers.

  5. Re: Problems getting strdbg to work

    rtsujimoto_consult...@cusa.canon.com wrote:
    > Karl Hanson wrote:
    > > rtsujimoto_consultant@cusa.canon.com wrote:
    > > > I compiled my test C program with DBGVIEW(*ALL) and created the program
    > > > module using CRTPGM. When I try to start the debugger using "strdbg
    > > > malloctst" I get:
    > > > Tried to insert duplicate key argument in index QSERVICE.
    > > > Dump output directed to spooled file 10, job 117072/MQMADMIN/LVC70S1
    > > > created on system CANON400 on 11/02/06 12:13:36.
    > > >
    > > > My AS/400 admin has no idea what's wrong. TIA.
    > > >

    > > Even if you get STRDBG to work, you might want to check out the System
    > > Debugger (graphical). It has some features not available with STRDBG.
    > > Some links from google:
    > > http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo032703-story04.html
    > > http://www.metromidrange.org/iSeries...20Debugger.ppt
    > > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../rzamqmain.htm
    > >
    > > --
    > > Karl Hanson

    > Steve,
    >
    > I signed-off/on and issued qsys/strdbg malloctst and it displayed the
    > debugger. Time to talk to my AS/400 admin. Thanks again to all
    > repliers.

    It is not a big deal. What people do sometimes is CRTDUPOBJ to make a
    copy of the command in a library other than QSYS. Then CHGCMDDFT is
    used to change some defaults of the command. Nothing wrong with that.
    Then a new release of the OS is loaded and IBM has added new parms to
    the command. Now when you run the old command the parms dont match up
    and garbage is passed to the CPP ( command processing program ). If you
    DSPCMD you will see the library the command is located in. The thing
    to do is probably delete the STRDBG command that is not in QSYS.

    -Steve

+ Reply to Thread