S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221 - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221 - IBM AS400 ; I am looking for an out of print manual. It would help with a project I am working on. System 36 to AS400 Work Station Utility Conversion SC09-1221 Thanks, Chris...

  1. S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221

    I am looking for an out of print manual. It would help with a project I
    am working on.

    System 36 to AS400 Work Station Utility Conversion SC09-1221

    Thanks,

    Chris

  2. Re: S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221

    I'm not sure what the real name of that manual is but
    there was NO conversion of WSU from the S/36 to the AS/400.

    This was a major sticking point for many folks when
    the 400 was announced.

    All WSU programs had to be rewritten in RPGIII.

    CAM wrote:

    > I am looking for an out of print manual. It would help with a project I
    > am working on.
    >
    > System 36 to AS400 Work Station Utility Conversion SC09-1221
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Chris

  3. Re: S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221

    Hi Pat !

    Thanks for the reply .....

    I agree that RPG is the way to go and that there is no direct
    replacement for WSU .....

    There actually is a manual by that name, I am hoping it gives some good
    tips on the rewrite.

    Regards,

    Chris

    Pat Barber wrote:
    > I'm not sure what the real name of that manual is but
    > there was NO conversion of WSU from the S/36 to the AS/400.
    >
    > This was a major sticking point for many folks when
    > the 400 was announced.
    >
    > All WSU programs had to be rewritten in RPGIII.
    >

    > CAM wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for an out of print manual. It would help with a project
    >> I am working on.
    >>
    >> System 36 to AS400 Work Station Utility Conversion SC09-1221
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Chris

  4. Re: S36 to AS400 WSU Conversion Manual SC09-1221

    Well, you are truly in luck:

    http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/pub...285&TRL=TXTSRH

    For $36.00 you can party on....

    Go here and search on S/36 for the complete list of what is
    available...

    http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/pub...Y=US&&FNC=SRH&

    There appears to be a complete bookshelf available also...

    CAM wrote:

    > Hi Pat !
    >
    > Thanks for the reply .....
    >
    > I agree that RPG is the way to go and that there is no direct
    > replacement for WSU .....
    >
    > There actually is a manual by that name, I am hoping it gives some good
    > tips on the rewrite.

+ Reply to Thread