3812 fonts - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on 3812 fonts - IBM AS400 ; Most *LAN printers that are set up as 3812 devices seem to use FONT(011). This seems to be some kind of 10 cpi font. I can't find a table in any manual that describes what all the fonts are, and ...

  1. 3812 fonts

    Most *LAN printers that are set up as 3812 devices seem to use
    FONT(011). This seems to be some kind of 10 cpi font. I can't find a
    table in any manual that describes what all the fonts are, and there
    seem to be dozens of them. Does anyone know of a source that describes
    them?

  2. Re: 3812 fonts

    Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Most *LAN printers that are set up as 3812 devices seem to use
    > FONT(011). This seems to be some kind of 10 cpi font. I can't find a
    > table in any manual that describes what all the fonts are, and there
    > seem to be dozens of them. Does anyone know of a source that describes
    > them?

    font 11 is courier10 fixed pitch font
    A table of fonts can be found in "printer device programming" guide,
    available in PDF format on iSeries Information center site
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

  3. Re: 3812 fonts

    Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    > Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > > Most *LAN printers that are set up as 3812 devices seem to use
    > > FONT(011). This seems to be some kind of 10 cpi font. I can't find a
    > > table in any manual that describes what all the fonts are, and there
    > > seem to be dozens of them. Does anyone know of a source that describes
    > > them?
    > >

    > font 11 is courier10 fixed pitch font
    > A table of fonts can be found in "printer device programming" guide,
    > available in PDF format on iSeries Information center site
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

    Thanks. I was looking high and low for that on the Information Center
    site itself, and couldn't find it. As it was, it was hard to find in
    that PDF file.

  4. Re: 3812 fonts

    Jonathan Ball wrote:
    > Dr.UgoGagliardelli wrote:
    >> Jonathan Ball wrote:
    >>> Most *LAN printers that are set up as 3812 devices seem to use
    >>> FONT(011). This seems to be some kind of 10 cpi font. I can't find a
    >>> table in any manual that describes what all the fonts are, and there
    >>> seem to be dozens of them. Does anyone know of a source that describes
    >>> them?
    >>>

    >> font 11 is courier10 fixed pitch font
    >> A table of fonts can be found in "printer device programming" guide,
    >> available in PDF format on iSeries Information center site
    >> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/

    > Thanks. I was looking high and low for that on the Information Center
    > site itself, and couldn't find it. As it was, it was hard to find in
    > that PDF file.

    That's not so hard, in the iSeries Information center root expand the
    Print tree-node, the 3rd item is "Printer Device Programming (PDF)",
    that results in the following link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/sc415713.pdf