confuse on concept - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on confuse on concept - IBM AS400 ; I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM COBOL/RPG. Is it any functional different? Thanks sam...

  1. confuse on concept

    I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM COBOL/RPG.
    Is it any functional different?

    Thanks
    sam

  2. Re: confuse on concept

    abc wrote:
    > I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM COBOL/RPG.
    > Is it any functional different?

    You could look at the ILE Concepts book, eg Chapters 1 & 2:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/sc415606.pdf

    --
    Karl Hanson

  3. Re: confuse on concept

    abc wrote:
    > I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM COBOL/RPG.
    > Is it any functional different?

    ILE COBOL is able to call procedures in service programs. ( a service
    program is the equivalent of a windows DLL ).

    -Steve

  4. Re: confuse on concept

    "Karl Hanson" ??? news:4548b887$1@kcnews01 ???...
    > abc wrote:
    > > I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM

    COBOL/RPG.
    > > Is it any functional different?
    > >

    > You could look at the ILE Concepts book, eg Chapters 1 & 2:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...s/sc415606.pdf

    > --
    > Karl Hanson

    Thank you
    Sam

  5. Re: confuse on concept

    "Steve Richter" ???
    news:1162395634.853778.282360@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com ???...

    > abc wrote:
    > > I would like to know the different between ILE COBOL/RPG with OPM

    COBOL/RPG.
    > > Is it any functional different?
    > >

    > ILE COBOL is able to call procedures in service programs. ( a service
    > program is the equivalent of a windows DLL ).
    >
    > -Steve

    Thank you
    Sam

+ Reply to Thread