[?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command - IBM AS400 ; How can I execute SQL(in AS400 Environment) in DOS command??...

  1. [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    How can I execute SQL(in AS400 Environment) in DOS command??

  2. Re: [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    "Sphenix" writes:

    > How can I execute SQL(in AS400 Environment) in DOS command??

    You may want to use sQL Navigator (java, requires JRE) with the
    JDBC-driver in the java toolbox for as400 (search for jtopen).

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  3. Re: [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    SQL Navigator ??
    wat program is that??freeware??

  4. Re: [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    "Sphenix" writes:

    > SQL Navigator ??
    > wat program is that??freeware??

    Sorry, I remembered incorrectly.

    The name of the product I was thinking about is DbVisualizer, and is
    freely available from

    http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/

    The Free version just requires registration. I have used it with
    Oracle and DB2/400.

    --
    Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen

  5. Re: [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    Actually I dont want any 3rd party tools involve, is there any tools in
    "C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access" can be execute SQL in DOS command??

  6. Re: [?] Execute SQL(DB2) in DOS Command

    Write a VB program that can be called with a command line.

    Then have it execute your SQL commands. This can be done with minimal code
    using the CA/400 ODBC driver or .Net driver.

    Regards,
    Richard Schoen
    RJS Software Systems Inc.
    "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
    Email: richard@rjssoftware.com
    Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
    Tel: (952) 898-3038
    Fax: (952) 898-1781
    Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

    "Sphenix" wrote in message
    news:1162371629.008418.241930@i42g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > How can I execute SQL(in AS400 Environment) in DOS command??

+ Reply to Thread