rpg porting back from v5r2 to v4r2 %check() syntax - IBM AS400

This is a discussion on rpg porting back from v5r2 to v4r2 %check() syntax - IBM AS400 ; i need to put this c if %check(NUMBERS:ch) = 0 c eval day = ch c eval state = 1 c endif in v4r2 ilerpg syntax, but i have no idea how. any help will be greatly apceriated, even if ...

  1. rpg porting back from v5r2 to v4r2 %check() syntax

    i need to put this

    c if %check(NUMBERS:ch) = 0
    c eval day = ch
    c eval state = 1
    c endif

    in v4r2 ilerpg syntax, but i have no idea how.
    any help will be greatly apceriated, even if it's just a tiny url.

    //f3l

  2. Re: rpg porting back from v5r2 to v4r2 %check() syntax

    Hi,

    instead of the built-in-function %Check you have to use the OpCode
    CHECK (which was already available in RPGIII).
    C NUMBERS Check Ch Result
    C if Result = 0

    I'm not sure if it is already supported in release V4R2, but instead of
    Result = 0 you also can use the built-in-function %Found, to check if
    found or not.

    Birgitta

    fel schrieb:

    > i need to put this
    >
    > c if %check(NUMBERS:ch) = 0
    > c eval day = ch
    > c eval state = 1
    > c endif
    >
    > in v4r2 ilerpg syntax, but i have no idea how.
    > any help will be greatly apceriated, even if it's just a tiny url.
    >

    > //f3l

+ Reply to Thread